Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Being a Bully in North Carolina

Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rousey
    Likes (Received)

Default Being a Bully in North Carolina

My name is Mike. I am the proud new owner of a sweet fawn baby girl named "Rousey". Rousey came to us by way of Miami, FL. Unfortunately, Rousey has been sick since the first day she arrived. She is 13 weeks old and we are on our 4th week of ownership. Due to a case of pneumonia she had to be admitted to the hospital yesterday. They have drawn fluid from her lung as well as her nasal area to test. She is currently receiving fluids and antibiotics through IV. She has been isolated in an oxygen cubby. I went to see her on my lunch break today. Poor baby, all I could do was look at her and talk to her through the glass. I pray she gets better. She is so precious and has stolen mine and my wife's hearts.

Not exactly what I was expecting when she arrived but we are trying to get her the best care possible.

2. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Nancy-Brian
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bubbles (Buba) and Cammi
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Being a Bully in North Carolina

wow, sorry to hear this. If it help's, we have schnauzer that we almost lost as well as a baby due to Pneumonia as well. He pulled through and a stronger (I believe) bond/love was created.
    Good luck, think positive.

4. Likes CCandMurray, 2BullyMama liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bowden View Post
    My name is Mike. I am the proud new owner of a sweet fawn baby girl named "Rousey". Rousey came to us by way of Miami, FL. Unfortunately, Rousey has been sick since the first day she arrived. She is 13 weeks old and we are on our 4th week of ownership. Due to a case of pneumonia she had to be admitted to the hospital yesterday. They have drawn fluid from her lung as well as her nasal area to test. She is currently receiving fluids and antibiotics through IV. She has been isolated in an oxygen cubby. I went to see her on my lunch break today. Poor baby, all I could do was look at her and talk to her through the glass. I pray she gets better. She is so precious and has stolen mine and my wife's hearts.

Not exactly what I was expecting when she arrived but we are trying to get her the best care possible.

Hi Mike, so sorry to hear about your baby. I am sending lots of prayers & hugs. My Tyson was also in an oxygen chamber for over a week - its so heartbreaking to see. Keep us posted on her progress, we all want that sweet girl to pull through this! Thank you for giving her the best care!

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

6. Likes CCandMurray, dolphin, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Harvey's Executive Assistant Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harvey Specter
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

sorry but healing thoughts to you. Good Luck. Holiday Cheers to you and your family.
    Hug your bully today

8. Likes CCandMurray, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member CCandMurray's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carolyn
    Country
    U.S.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Murray
    Likes (Received)

Welcome to EBN @Bowden and Rousie! I know how you feel, Murray was from a breeder in Dallas Texas and had kennel cough that developed into pneumonia only a few days after he came to live with us in NY. It was a rough couple of weeks and heartbreaking to see him sick but he did pull through and 6 months later you'd never know it would happen. I'm sure Rousie is a fighter and hope wil be home with you soon! Keep us posted

10. Likes harveyspecter, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

She is so cute! Our Buster caught pneumonia about a week after he came home and went though months of months of treatments and medications and was completely cured. He hasn't shown any real long term effects which is really great being the condition he was in. I hope and pray that everything works out for her and she is totally cured. Welcome to EBN, happy you found us.

12. Likes CCandMurray, 2BullyMama liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

What a doll baby.... Sending lots of positive and healing thoughts and prayers to Rousey.... She will recover and be the love of you life for many many years to come

Welcome to EBN
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

14. Likes CCandMurray liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

to EBN! So sorry to hear that your baby is sick. Best wishes for a great Christmas gift-a healthy, happy little pup,free of pneumonia!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Bulldog Vet in Training Corine Pesantes's Avatar
    Real Name
    Corine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lockjaw and Penny
    Likes (Received)

Oh no!!! I'm also in NC! Where in NC are you? Your poor sweet baby!!! Definitely sending prayers that she gets well soon!!! It's hard seeing them not feeling their best. She'll be home before you know it!
    "Every once in a while, a dog (or 2) enters your life and changes everything!" <3

Mommy of Lockjaw and Penny

Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rousey
    Likes (Received)

I'm just east of Charlotte.

Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rousey
    Likes (Received)

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. We were able to pick Rousey up from the hospital yesterday. It is going to take some time for her to get completely better but we seem to be on the right track.

I have to say regarding the vet hospital: We were given a low and high estimate of costs associated with the different possibilities of her treatment. I paid 75% of the high estimate the day we dropped her off which was like $2,200 some odd. The high end total was just over $2,900. When we arrived to pick her up they said the balance was $900 some odd. I was like WHAT? That would be like us paying over $3,000 and she didn't stay anywhere near the amount of time that was included in the high estimate. They said that there were items left off of the estimate to which I replied that the doctor stated all of the items you are referring to saying they would be done with the estimates we received. The estimate stated low end 3 days of hospitalization and high end 9 days hospitalization. When I called them today to have someone explain the charges they stated a day is actually considered 8 hours. To which I said and how am I supposed to assume that if it a day in my world is 24 hours a day in your is 8? They said well she did not explain that very well. HELLO!!! something is wrong with this picture.

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Sorry to hear this, sending prayers to your baby and hope she gets well soon.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads