Being a Bully in North Carolina

Bowden

Dec 11, 2015
North Carolina
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Rousey
My name is Mike. I am the proud new owner of a sweet fawn baby girl named "Rousey". Rousey came to us by way of Miami, FL. Unfortunately, Rousey has been sick since the first day she arrived. She is 13 weeks old and we are on our 4th week of ownership. Due to a case of pneumonia she had to be admitted to the hospital yesterday. They have drawn fluid from her lung as well as her nasal area to test. She is currently receiving fluids and antibiotics through IV. She has been isolated in an oxygen cubby. I went to see her on my lunch break today. Poor baby, all I could do was look at her and talk to her through the glass. I pray she gets better. She is so precious and has stolen mine and my wife's hearts.

Not exactly what I was expecting when she arrived but we are trying to get her the best care possible.

Bubbles

Nov 22, 2015
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubbles (Buba) and Cammi
wow, sorry to hear this. If it help's, we have schnauzer that we almost lost as well as a baby due to Pneumonia as well. He pulled through and a stronger (I believe) bond/love was created.
Good luck, think positive.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
My name is Mike. I am the proud new owner of a sweet fawn baby girl named "Rousey". Rousey came to us by way of Miami, FL. Unfortunately, Rousey has been sick since the first day she arrived. She is 13 weeks old and we are on our 4th week of ownership. Due to a case of pneumonia she had to be admitted to the hospital yesterday. They have drawn fluid from her lung as well as her nasal area to test. She is currently receiving fluids and antibiotics through IV. She has been isolated in an oxygen cubby. I went to see her on my lunch break today. Poor baby, all I could do was look at her and talk to her through the glass. I pray she gets better. She is so precious and has stolen mine and my wife's hearts.

Not exactly what I was expecting when she arrived but we are trying to get her the best care possible.

Hi Mike, so sorry to hear about your baby. I am sending lots of prayers & hugs. My Tyson was also in an oxygen chamber for over a week - its so heartbreaking to see. Keep us posted on her progress, we all want that sweet girl to pull through this! Thank you for giving her the best care!

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Welcome to EBN [MENTION=15187]Bowden[/MENTION] and Rousie! I know how you feel, Murray was from a breeder in Dallas Texas and had kennel cough that developed into pneumonia only a few days after he came to live with us in NY. It was a rough couple of weeks and heartbreaking to see him sick but he did pull through and 6 months later you'd never know it would happen. I'm sure Rousie is a fighter and hope wil be home with you soon! Keep us posted :)

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
She is so cute! Our Buster caught pneumonia about a week after he came home and went though months of months of treatments and medications and was completely cured. He hasn't shown any real long term effects which is really great being the condition he was in. I hope and pray that everything works out for her and she is totally cured. Welcome to EBN, happy you found us.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a doll baby.... Sending lots of positive and healing thoughts and prayers to Rousey.... She will recover and be the love of you life for many many years to come

Welcome to EBN

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:smileywelcome:to EBN! So sorry to hear that your baby is sick. Best wishes for a great Christmas gift-a healthy, happy little pup,free of pneumonia!

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Oh no!!! I'm also in NC! Where in NC are you? Your poor sweet baby!!! Definitely sending prayers that she gets well soon!!! It's hard seeing them not feeling their best. She'll be home before you know it!

OP
Bowden

Bowden

Dec 11, 2015
North Carolina
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Rousey
Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. We were able to pick Rousey up from the hospital yesterday. It is going to take some time for her to get completely better but we seem to be on the right track.

I have to say regarding the vet hospital: We were given a low and high estimate of costs associated with the different possibilities of her treatment. I paid 75% of the high estimate the day we dropped her off which was like $2,200 some odd. The high end total was just over $2,900. When we arrived to pick her up they said the balance was $900 some odd. I was like WHAT? That would be like us paying over $3,000 and she didn't stay anywhere near the amount of time that was included in the high estimate. They said that there were items left off of the estimate to which I replied that the doctor stated all of the items you are referring to saying they would be done with the estimates we received. The estimate stated low end 3 days of hospitalization and high end 9 days hospitalization. When I called them today to have someone explain the charges they stated a day is actually considered 8 hours. To which I said and how am I supposed to assume that if it a day in my world is 24 hours a day in your is 8? They said well she did not explain that very well. HELLO!!! something is wrong with this picture.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Sorry to hear this, sending prayers to your baby and hope she gets well soon.

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Wow! That's crazy. You would think with an estimate they would be as specific as possible. Hopefully she's on the healing end of the spectrum at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online