Hello from Ontario, Canada! Bully with cleft palate.

JBosley

Dec 8, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Unknown
Hello!
I am new to this forum, and will soon be adopting (I hope) and English Bulldog puppy with a cleft palate. I don't have a lot of information on him, other than he hasn't had any major health issues due to his cleft and that he can eat as long as you water down his hard food a lot. Apparently the cleft is large enough that and index finger could fit in it... Poor guy! I know a black lab with a large cleft palate, and she just eats larger sized dry kibble with no issues. Hoping this fella will be the same! But we shall see.

I currently have 3 dogs. And am quite knowledgeable about dogs in all aspects. Hoping that I will be the right fit for him, and him for me! Any advice on cleft palate Bulldogs would be amazing.

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
I'm sorry I don't have any advice on cleft palates but this site has so many great people who are wonderfully knowledgeable on all things bully related and I'm sure they'll be a great help to you. Congrats on your new pup, thank you for going the adoption route and giving him a loving home and welcome to EBN :). Please share pics of your new boy we all loovvveeee the pictures!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
There may be info on our sister site... Specialneedsbulldogs.com

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
my abbey had just a cleft lip.. not the palate , it wasn't to much of a problem for her until she got a little older , it seems like everytime she drank water it would go up her nose so we did have a little cosmetic surgery on her.. you can still tell it some but shes happy and that makes me happy.. hope your dog don't have to many issues with it.. here is a pic of my abbey but not sure if you can tell it..
10393811_10202735683812243_4932467134990972813_n.jpg