Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winnie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Winnifred from Northern Virginia

@jdblodgett, sounds like you are doing great with Winni! I have pet insurance for all 3 of my dogs and the jury is still out on whether it is worth it. I pay about $46 a month for Winnie through VPI. I would just strongly recommend that you get it right away while she is a puppy. If she gets sick at all, the insurance company will exclude that condition. Be sure you are aware of all the exclusions. My policy doesn't pay for any type of parasite treatment and Winnie was treated for Demodex mange (not a big expense though). However, she has had a couple of trips to Emergency for swallowing stuff. The first trip was wholly reimbursed, except for my annual $100 deductible. The last trip $800 will be completely reimbursed. So I guess, so far, it has paid for itself.

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winnefred "Winni" "Da Poh"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by schimpfy View Post
    What a cute baby, glad you found the site a magical place where everyone truly cares and has so much to offer from advice, cute funny stories, comfort and support. Bullies are most definitely a breed onto their own as I am still learning but LOVE it.
    So quick advice - pet insurance ? do you know what a tail pocket is ? what food are you on ? have you heard about the shark phase ? all the answers and so much more here never be afraid to ask. Oh they and I adore pictures of our bullies so please post whenever you can. I would say enjoy your new life but how could you not so - be good for one another look forward to your future postings and watching your little girl grow up and the tales you tell.
    Pet insurance was a must. Got Trupanion back in December after her nose surgery. Her breathing has been much different since the nose surgery and glad we had it done. I did read up on the tail pocket and make sure to take care of it at least every other night, no problems as of yet when she gets her wipe downs with the malacetic wipes.

I had her on Acana Singles both Duck and Lamb variations initially and she was doing good. Recently switched her to Acana Pacifica as I saw others raving about it, but not having good experience. PH seems off, yeast is coming back on her girl parts and lower belly, and her breath is super fishy and disgusting. Gonna switch back to the duck and yam. She is getting Apple Cider Vinegar every meal and strangely seems to love it and it slows her down when she is eating, so no more choking like before. We had a bad choking incident. Daily treats consist of frozen green beans, and an apple i share with her every lunch, we both love granny smith apples and since I work at home it gives us something to do at lunch. When it is desert time after dinner she gets plain yogurt.
    Long time dog lover but new to the breed and here to learn from others.

3. Likes schimpfy liked this post
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winnefred "Winni" "Da Poh"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Donnam View Post
    @jdblodgett, sounds like you are doing great with Winni! I have pet insurance for all 3 of my dogs and the jury is still out on whether it is worth it. I pay about $46 a month for Winnie through VPI. I would just strongly recommend that you get it right away while she is a puppy. If she gets sick at all, the insurance company will exclude that condition. Be sure you are aware of all the exclusions. My policy doesn't pay for any type of parasite treatment and Winnie was treated for Demodex mange (not a big expense though). However, she has had a couple of trips to Emergency for swallowing stuff. The first trip was wholly reimbursed, except for my annual $100 deductible. The last trip $800 will be completely reimbursed. So I guess, so far, it has paid for itself.
    On it already...I have trupanion with a low deductible. I am about $65 a month. I figured I would go with the low deductible now while she is a puppy and move up later when she gets a little more sense to not to do silly things and slows down.
    Long time dog lover but new to the breed and here to learn from others.

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Welcome to EBN Winnie and JD.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads