MurraySparkles

Nov 30, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Hey guys!

I joined here so I can be prepared for the new bulldog puppy my mom is bringing home this Wednesday!

His full name is Murray Sparkles- It's a long story..

My mom used to have a Saint Bernard, Gilbert. He was a loving dog, but he had a spinal tumor and had to be put down New Year's Eve 2012.

Then she had one of those "Mini Pigs." He turned out to be not only a Vietnamese Potbelly weighing 300 pounds- but he wasn't legal, so he now lives on a sanctuary.

And this Wednesday (after a subaru fiasco a while ago), Murray Sparkles will be coming home!

If you think his name is based off the old Sesame Street clip, you would be right! (I am aware that Murray Sparkles was a cat.) Murray Sparkles was going to be Gilbert's original name- But I was 5, and had my heart set on the name Gilbert. (His full name turned out to be Gilbert Murray Sparkles Zurg *my last name*)

My mom believes that an English Bully is a perfect mix of Pig and Saint Bernard- and after meeting Murray a little while ago, and doing research on their eating and sleeping habits, I think she's right. ;)

We have prepared. We have a Kennel, an attachment for his food bowl to stop him from eating too fast, a Toothbrush for dogs, PLENTY of toys, and even a cute reindeer hoodie to boot! My dad has also trained 2 German Shepherds, So we are ready to train and socialize young!

If there's ANYTHING I should know/prepare for- please, let me know!! I want to make sure everybody is happy- including Murray!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Training a bulldog will be different than training German Shepherds!! Been there.

OP
MurraySparkles

MurraySparkles

Nov 30, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Thanks for all the help guys!

OP
MurraySparkles

MurraySparkles

Nov 30, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Murray will be coming home today!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
We are all ready to :welcome:Murray Sparkles!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site and can't wait to see pics of your baby. Also a reminder no rawhides, pig ears, or bully sticks for them, they can be deadly.

OP
MurraySparkles

MurraySparkles

Nov 30, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Welcome to the site and can't wait to see pics of your baby. Also a reminder no rawhides, pig ears, or bully sticks for them, they can be deadly.

Thanks for the heads up. Those are the treats my dad uses for the shepherds, so Murray will need special treats. ;)

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
welcome.. you have come to the right place.. i have 4 english bulldogs and have raised a couple litters.. i have learned so much since i got my first one and i have owned a bulldog for 7 years but i am still seeing and learning different things about them.. all of mind seem to have their own personality but the thing they all have in common is they are all a sweet as can be... you will love having a bulldog... welcome again and we do, or i should say I do, enjoy pictures.. i still think it should be a rule to join.. lol... just kidding..:boogie:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online