Hello From Orlando, Florida!

SoxMunkey

Oct 18, 2015
Orlando, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus, Spartacus
Greetings everyone! This site is a fantastic place with a ton of information. Thank you all for your contributions!

Finally got my bully from the local Animal Shelter. He's a full blood English Bully who was abandoned in a field. He just needed a little time and attention, and even more love. I have named him Spartacus and he is a lot happier since I sprung him from "doggie prison".

I'm looking forward to reading more comments and even leaving a few myself. Thanks again everyone!

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Right on Good for you and congrats on your new best friend
Tons of stuff to read here and pics we love pics many contests , lets see some pics have at it lol
If you have even the simplest question ask there is years of knowledge here for the asking , Bullies are a special breed
You will make all sorts of friends also , have fun

Nat

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
:welcome4: to EBN and thank you for rescuing Spartacus from the doggy prison

We all love to see photos here so please post some of your baby so we can all see him.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Welcome to you & Spartacus - THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for rescuing that sweet boy! He will show you love twice fold for giving him the life he always deserved. I can't believe some people, just dumping dogs. Ugh. But so happy he found you. Please post some pics of Spartacus !!!!

OP
S

SoxMunkey

Oct 18, 2015
Orlando, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus, Spartacus
Thank you everyone! We really appreciate the warm welcome. I am really looking forward to learning more and being the best that I can be for my bully. Spartacus was a special find and I think that we are great for each other.

Right now, I am just trying to figure him out since he didn't come to me with a history that could provide me with some guidelines. I do not believe that the shelter was too good at providing me with reliable information. They said that he was aggressive and should not be around children or other animals. He was a little aggressive towards me when he was picked up, but that was all settled in a few hours. Took him to PetsMart and walked around with him and he was just fine with children and other animals. If anything, we've received a lot of attention simply because of his breed. So, I feel that he has been given a bad rep and although, they may have had good intentions, they were not too knowledgeable about the breed and misread his demeanor. Because of this, he might have been put down.

That was then, and this is now. I am just trying to do my best to get him all that he needs so that he can be healthy and happy. Moving forward.

OP
S

SoxMunkey

Oct 18, 2015
Orlando, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus, Spartacus
image.jpeg

Spartacus

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    495 KB · Views: 128

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"

LOOK at that face! What a handsome guy!!! And he doesn't look too shabby either from just being "sprung" -- he will slowly begin to gain his trust in you, and come around. I'm sure he's already slowly realizing he struck good! Thanks again for giving him a loving home :) Can't wait to see more pics.

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,

What a doll
Make sure you look at our feeding guidelines for Bullies eh you are what you eat but some bullies are better off not to eat certain foods , any of the top 6 in our guide is a great step forward for a bully, do some investigating on a good `Bulldog vet ` not all vets are up on bulldogs you will want a good vet in times of Need hope ya never need but POOP happens right .
Love his expressive wrinkles and ears , what is his weight, i ask because i have never had a male EB only females I know they can be bigger

OP
S

SoxMunkey

Oct 18, 2015
Orlando, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus, Spartacus
At the time of this reply, I have only had him for three days. His weight when freed from "doggie prison" was 44 lbs. They wouldn't even neuter him because of his low weight. Today is the first day that he is eating like a champ! I have to get his weight up and them have the procedure performed. He is active and he is also sleeping better.

I am checking into a vet here in the area. He has cherry eye in both eyes. His left eye concerns me the most. That would be the major concern that I can see for right now.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN .... thank you for spring him from the doggie prison!! Would love to see some pictures of you boy!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! We are so happy to have you and Spartacus join our family…

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online