Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
My best advise is something I did on accident. When Henry was a pup and all squirmy I would get on my knees and straddle him so I could hold him trapped and clean his face. To this day if I try to wipe his face looking at him he runs. I either put him between my feet or get on my knees and he lays down. It was the best accidental routine I could have done. I don't have to he him now. Just being in the position he doesn't squirm. He has always put his face on my leg when I wipe him down. It makes things so easy.

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
:heart::hiya::peekaboo::welcome: first what a cutie congrats on getting yourself a bully you may at times regret but so so worth it. As you can see people do care and try their best to offer suggestions and some who will go out of their way to find answers for you. Some things I wish I knew and thought I had covered. Pet insurance which one or is it worth it a lot of different opinions we have Petplan have yet to file anything so no comment as of yet. Potty training - I started telling chance once we got to our chosen area Hurry Hurry say nothing else - you can choose your own words - and when he went praised him and gave a treat right away. If he did not go within 5 minutes back inside and try again 5 minutes later repeat until done. Eventually it turned out that he now will go with out all the sniffing and waiting - hurry hurry
I was and believe in Fromm they have a specialized puppy food was extremely impressed with the results and am still feeding Fromm today.
There are several phases like the shark phase - all this can be found by entering what you are looking for in the search engine located on top of this page right hand corner - saved me a lot of trouble
Your life just got a lot more interesting and filled with love, can not wait to read your future posts and pics.
Here is a pic of Chance at that age and what he has become
SAM_3919.jpg039.jpgHe is a cross half English half French

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
What a doll Roxie is!! Welcome to EBN!

Bella and I send greetings and love. :D

brianhoostal

May 24, 2015
NE Indiana
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sobaka
Welcome aboard!

Meet Roxy
View attachment 91552
she is 9 weeks old, we got her a week ago and absolutely love her
she is our first Bulldog so we have much to learn, this week alone we have had a lot to take in and so has she
at her first check up we noticed a rash on her tummy and have concluded it was probably from the freshly cut grass
so we have taken care of this with wipes from the vet and it is already dying down

this poor girl had fleas wich we are treating unfortunately she also has a respiratory infection so she is on antibiotics at the moment
this lil soldier is taking it all in her stride nothing is stopping her from being a lil mischief she is in high spirits despite all of this
so we decided that joining a place like this would be of great benefit to us and this little girl we want to make sure we do everything right
some of our main concerns are;

wiping her creases and folds: we do this as best we can however with a wriggly puppy she likes to test our skills im just not sure we are doing this thoroughly enough but also don't want to irritate her skin too much any tips on this would be really welcome :)

Her Food: we got food that came with her but on reading the label im not sure i trust it since the measurements are all (no more than) guesstaments
the brand is health extension my guess though a uneducated one is that this is just pet store food and is not going to benefit our girl too much so we
were wondering what would be a good food for a young one like this any vitamins would also be helpful

that's our long introduction an this is a omen of all our long posts of endless question to come

Thank you !

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
Hello neighbor,, this is Rocky from west virginia,

11170334_809501945765415_3269438097850996624_n.jpg

Roxy is beautiful...

i have a few sisters too,, here is abbey, she has ears that stick up too..my dad says they are horns, mom calls her princess abbey.. lol..

10418928_10202812673136928_7331299222524232263_nchair.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN..... what a cutie pie!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.