Lebanon PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxy
Meet Roxy
545859_500.jpg
she is 9 weeks old, we got her a week ago and absolutely love her
she is our first Bulldog so we have much to learn, this week alone we have had a lot to take in and so has she
at her first check up we noticed a rash on her tummy and have concluded it was probably from the freshly cut grass
so we have taken care of this with wipes from the vet and it is already dying down

this poor girl had fleas wich we are treating unfortunately she also has a respiratory infection so she is on antibiotics at the moment
this lil soldier is taking it all in her stride nothing is stopping her from being a lil mischief she is in high spirits despite all of this
so we decided that joining a place like this would be of great benefit to us and this little girl we want to make sure we do everything right
some of our main concerns are;

wiping her creases and folds: we do this as best we can however with a wriggly puppy she likes to test our skills im just not sure we are doing this thoroughly enough but also don't want to irritate her skin too much any tips on this would be really welcome :)

Her Food: we got food that came with her but on reading the label im not sure i trust it since the measurements are all (no more than) guesstaments
the brand is health extension my guess though a uneducated one is that this is just pet store food and is not going to benefit our girl too much so we
were wondering what would be a good food for a young one like this any vitamins would also be helpful

that's our long introduction an this is a omen of all our long posts of endless question to come

Thank you !

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Roxy is a pretty girl
Welcome you have come to the right place to learn read on and please post lossta pics not that Bullies are photogenic of course lol
If you have any question please ask everyone here has a strong love for our breed were all owners and some multiple .
Look over the food guide its very important to build a Bulldog from the start , do not feed low end dog food and think you are saving $ the old adage comes in Pay Me Now Or Pay For It Later in My opinion

I also have a 9 week old just came home last weekend we will have to swap stories lol here is Rosie for you 095.jpgshe was born July 23rd.

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Non scented Baby wipes work great on there folds , Start early with the wipes with a pup and they will learn it is just part of there daily routine, the same for there paws if you touch there paws a lot as a pup I found it was a lot easier too clip nails later .

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
OP
TheFknHansons

TheFknHansons

Sep 25, 2015
Lebanon PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxy
Roxy is a pretty girl
Welcome you have come to the right place to learn read on and please post lossta pics not that Bullies are photogenic of course lol
If you have any question please ask everyone here has a strong love for our breed were all owners and some multiple .
Look over the food guide its very important to build a Bulldog from the start , do not feed low end dog food and think you are saving $ the old adage comes in Pay Me Now Or Pay For It Later in My opinion

I also have a 9 week old just came home last weekend we will have to swap stories lol here is Rosie for you View attachment 91553she was born July 23rd.

awww Rosie is so sweet!!! Roxy was born July 17th :) Thank you for letting us know about the food guide, we will review it and go get some new food for her. She definitely still has her appetite so that is a good sign!! We would love to keep in touch and swap stories of our lil ones :)

OP
TheFknHansons

TheFknHansons

Sep 25, 2015
Lebanon PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxy
Non scented Baby wipes work great on there folds , Start early with the wipes with a pup and they will learn it is just part of there daily routine, the same for there paws if you touch there paws a lot as a pup I found it was a lot easier too clip nails later .

Thank you so much for the suggestion! I will be sure to pick up the unscented baby wipes to use!!

OP
TheFknHansons

TheFknHansons

Sep 25, 2015
Lebanon PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxy
:welcome2: to EBN!!!

If you go to our Home page, you will find a lot of threads that will help you with your new baby… here is one for starters English Bulldog News Forums - 35 Things You should have if you own an English Bulldog

For the best dog food we advise checking on Dog Food Reviews and Ratings | Dog Food Advisor

Thank you so much, we cannot express enough how much finding this site and becoming a member has done for our state of mind!! It is very heart warming to know that so many other people share the love for the english bulldogs and love their babies so much xxx :)

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
One other thing just in case you have kids ( two legged ) this place is Kid friendly very well moderated, Also in case you are not certain on your vet and maybe there experience re Bulldogs there is a thread for many vets all are recommended by the people here that us them in many States and some provinces and other countries , this is truly a World Wide Bulldog owner site .
Have fun ask questions and we LOVE PICS do not hesitate to post pics we love em here.

Nat

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Welcome to EBN! Roxy is so adorable! Winnie is my bulldog, who is 14 months old, and these are just some suggestions for you: We have fed her Orijen since we brought her home at 8 weeks. We started on the puppy formula, then went to adult food at 7 months. She has done very well on that food. A lot of members here feed Fromm, which is also a five star food, with excellent results. I also give my dogs a probiotic powder on their morning meal. The one I use is Fortiflora and I get it from Chewey.com. It's way cheaper than if I buy it from the vet. I also give them a tablespoon of plain Greek yougurt on their evening meal. Love Roxy and enjoy having a puppy--they're so much fun!

OP
TheFknHansons

TheFknHansons

Sep 25, 2015
Lebanon PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxy
thank you, it has been a whirl-wind of emotions since we brought Roxy home last Sunday. It is scary for me sometimes because she is my first puppy. My husband is wonderful with her and is always attentive and taking very good care of her. I am trying not to freak out and panic with every little thing....I just want her to be healthy and happy :) This site has so much help and knowledge...truly wonderful!!

OP
TheFknHansons

TheFknHansons

Sep 25, 2015
Lebanon PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxy
Welcome to EBN! Roxy is so adorable! Winnie is my bulldog, who is 14 months old, and these are just some suggestions for you: We have fed her Orijen since we brought her home at 8 weeks. We started on the puppy formula, then went to adult food at 7 months. She has done very well on that food. A lot of members here feed Fromm, which is also a five star food, with excellent results. I also give my dogs a probiotic powder on their morning meal. The one I use is Fortiflora and I get it from Chewey.com. It's way cheaper than if I buy it from the vet. I also give them a tablespoon of plain Greek yougurt on their evening meal. Love Roxy and enjoy having a puppy--they're so much fun!

Great suggestions! We are so appreciative of the amazing support! Winnie is precious!!! I am so excited to see Roxy grow!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:welcome4:to EBN!! You will love it here! Your pup is a cutie!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online