help and advice please

Rudolph

Sep 17, 2015
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Roland
Hello
I was looking for some advice from all you knowledgeable folks.
I am looking at a puppy and I seen one I have the pictures it claims he is purebred can you folks ave a look and give me your input.

Many thanks image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Ask for Registration documents with the UK kennel club, are they a registered breeder if so ask to see the MoM and Dad , references from other purchasers , ask for there Vets phone number and call them about the pup . I am sorry I use only reputable breeders, I do not buy from Kijiji, Craigslist list and or similar sites pet stores ect ect you have no idea where the pup has come from . Here in Ontario Canada , Old English Bulldog pups start at app $2500.oo Canadian dollars not sure what that equals in EU or pounds but it is a lot , so if it sounds to good to be true it could be . Contact a real reputable breeder ask what they sell there pups for to give your self a idea of cost , also keep in mind these dogs can be expensive in vet bills , some never have issues some do like anything else .
Spend some time on the site here read all the advice you can find if you have a question ask , everyone here loves the breed and will help, some have multiple Bulldogs . there are tons of pics of bulldogs here lol were anal that way we love pics, look thru them see what ya think M8

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
One thing I did notice in your pics and I might be totally off base here is your dogs tail ( maybe someone else here can give a better opinion ) but I have never seen a pure bread Bulldog tail strait out ( first pic sixth pic and last pic ) june17dogs 025.jpgjuly 13th 033.JPGRosie29daysold.2.jpg as I said I have never seen it but more experienced then Me might have .

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, Natski has given you great advice as to,which questions to ask, and who to contact. He looks like a Bulldog, but I also noticed the tail is longer than usual on a EB. I don't have any experience with breeders and breed standards, so don't know if some EB's have a longer tail? He could be an EB mix? He is very cute though, and looks like an EB.

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
my abbey has a funny looking tail but its not that long.. i bought her from a breeder and know her background so i know she is purebreed.. hard to see in this picture..hers has a small twist to it but short.. shes the red and white one by the gate on left of the mostly red one.. that one is one of her pups.. gucci.. 11939170_10206033524976211_1508861005_o.jpg

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
I made a mistake and bought one from a pet store (dont judge me. it was to stinking cute) and i paid a hefty price for her but i'm pretty sure she has something else in her.. but i love her like all the others i have.. she has the sweet bulldog personality and its all that matters to me.. :heart:

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie (2015), Jasper (2020), Tucker (2015-2020)
image.jpg

My Tucker has a weird looking straight tail, and he is AKC registered EB.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
He is a cutie, and believe it or not, but the straight tail is a desired tail. That one is a little long, but not that much and it's no big deal. The thing that concerns me is his face. It looks like they have injected fluid into his folds around his nose to make them look bigger. Some puppy mills will do this. That could be his natural look, but I would definitely take notice of that.

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
I made a mistake and bought one from a pet store (dont judge me. it was to stinking cute) and i paid a hefty price for her but i'm pretty sure she has something else in her.. but i love her like all the others i have.. she has the sweet bulldog personality and its all that matters to me.. :heart:

Never judge ever, you said it " she has the sweet bulldog personality and its all that matters to me.." that's what it is all about , I have 5 dogs not all PURE breads and could not imagine My life without them truly

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
He is a cutie, and believe it or not, but the straight tail is a desired tail. That one is a little long, but not that much and it's no big deal. The thing that concerns me is his face. It looks like they have injected fluid into his folds around his nose to make them look bigger. Some puppy mills will do this. That could be his natural look, but I would definitely take notice of that.

Really that is nasty injecting fluid God help them if I caught them doing that My God the almighty buck eh shakes head !

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

I was trying to figure out what did not look right to me.... his face does appear 'swollen'. thanks David. And, this pup is in th UK where I thing the straight tail is more dominate. Our sweet Mia had a straight tail and if was the first time I had seen one in person (not just a picture)

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Cute pup! You've got good advice; if you want a purebred dog you must make sure he has proper registration papers and that you meet the parents.

I cannot say if he's purebred from the pics - just like the others I noticed the long tail and the rather swollen face. I didn't knwo about injections - sounds absolutely terrible. Anyway, our Castor has a straight although not as long tail. This is what itl looked like at 9-10 weeks:
puppy tail.png

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Yup there are bulldogs with straight tails :D.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.