Real Name
    Jose C
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cookie
    Likes (Received)

Default Hey everyone meet cookie

Hey everyone hope everyone is having a great Sunday, I just saw this website recently and had to ask one question that really has had me thinking. OK so i have en English bulldog and i also have a pug named Bruno my dog recently was in heat about 1 month ago and all of a sudden her nipples got extremely huge and saggy. I took her to the vet to get a check if she was pregnant but he mention he could not tell if she was pregnant because she is pretty big aka fat lol ,so he said to go in another month to get an x-ray but my bully seems not to sleep or act the same as before. She don't sleep the same either she always walking around at night or relocating for a spot to sleep like if she is not comfortable at all and she was never like this. Forgot to mention my pug is a male my English bulldog is a female and sometimes we saw him trying to hump my female bully a few times but we stopped him and my mom mention once he has actually connected to her and she dint do anything to stop it while it was happening. So in another words its possible she might be pregnant? not sure because the vet couldn't detect her being pregnant. I will post some pictures of her and some of her saggy nipples that's been on for about 1 month now.

Please let me know your thoughts am not so sure if she is pregnant or can be something else that may need immediate attention.

Thank you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -l_98b3f447967344ef9986c25ddb8d0654-jpg   -392292_113729702081071_304772431_n-jpg   -326900_113729282081113_72291071_o-jpg   -406963_113213778799330_1688064338_n-jpg   -20150816_133256-jpg   -20150816_133300-jpg  

-20150816_133314-jpg   -20150816_133447-jpg   -20150816_133551-jpg   -20150816_133600-jpg   -20150816_133606-jpg  

Real Name
    Ken
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    zilia
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Hey everyone meet cookie

Get ready for some puppies

3. Likes bullmama, Mom of Tucker liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola & Foxie
    Likes (Received)

Congratulations? Please read all you can on this forum about breeding bulldogs. The mother's life is in danger because of the size of the pups and how exhausting it can be to birth. All bulldogs are delivered by c-section to protect both the mother and the pups. Then a human must help the pups eat every hour and rotate them to the mom, and be sure that the mom does not accidentally smother them. It will be a LOT of work but those pups will be beautiful!

5. Likes bullmama, jimmyjj liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member Donnam's Avatar
    Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winnie
    Likes (Received)

She sure looks like she's pregnant to me. I agree that you should get ready for puppies by learning everything you can. Bulldog puppies are way more work than other puppies and usually cost more in vet bills than other puppies. Sometimes bitches who are not bred during their heat cycle develop a false pregnancy wherein they make milk and act different as you have described. So best to follow the vet's advice and take her back to be rechecked to see if she's pregnant for sure. My guess is yes. If she does have puppies, get ready to give them around the clock care for several weeks. It is a LOT of work, like @APRILmari said. @Josebulldog89

Real Name
    Jose C
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cookie
    Likes (Received)

Really keez not zure if we are ready for them yet lol but a pug bulldog breed anyone seen them before???

Real Name
    Jose C
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cookie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by aprilemari View Post
    Congratulations? Please read all you can on this forum about breeding bulldogs. The mother's life is in danger because of the size of the pups and how exhausting it can be to birth. All bulldogs are delivered by c-section to protect both the mother and the pups. Then a human must help the pups eat every hour and rotate them to the mom, and be sure that the mom does not accidentally smother them. It will be a LOT of work but those pups will be beautiful!
    Jesus this came out the blue and my family and i arent ready for this watsoever cant quit my job to be here 24/7 ama have to do something now

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Donnam View Post
    She sure looks like she's pregnant to me. I agree that you should get ready for puppies by learning everything you can. Bulldog puppies are way more work than other puppies and usually cost more in vet bills than other puppies. Sometimes bitches who are not bred during their heat cycle develop a false pregnancy wherein they make milk and act different as you have described. So best to follow the vet's advice and take her back to be rechecked to see if she's pregnant for sure. My guess is yes. If she does have puppies, get ready to give them around the clock care for several weeks. It is a LOT of work, like @APRILmari said. @Josebulldog89
    Around how much would a c section cost??? Also what do the babies eat formula?

Real Name
    Jose C
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cookie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Donnam View Post

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member Donnam's Avatar
    Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winnie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Josebulldog89 View Post
    I've never had a litter of puppies from a bulldog mother, so I have no idea how much a c-section would cost. If everything goes well, the puppies should nurse from their mom until they are weaned to puppy food. When I had a litter of boxer puppies, though, we had 9 puppies so we supplemented with formula some, just to help out. There are other members here who have had puppies that would be way more knowledgeable than me. Hopefully they will chime in here.

I don't know what to say about your being unprepared to take care of a litter of puppies. I guess you have about a month to figure out what to do, but you will have to make some kind of arrangements for their care. That could mean friends coming in to help while you are working, or some responsible family members at home with Cookie and pups all the time. Maybe you could talk to your vet about options--don't wait unil the last minute though. When my boxer had her litter, I took two months off of work and I was lucky to be able to do that.

I'll see if I can tag some other members here to read this thread and respond. By the way, Cookie is a beautiful girl. And welcome to EBN!

11. Likes bullmama liked this post
    Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Totally looks pregnant and you may be closer to 3 weeks away. She is a beauty! I have never seen bulldog pug mixes but don't worry about that right now.

Read and research and get ready ASAP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Susan Moore
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elmo
    Likes (Received)

Maybe after puppies are born, maybe have her spayed.

14. Likes Roseann liked this post
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Susan Moore
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elmo
    Likes (Received)

I mean after she weans these Precious Babies. I just Believe in Spaying and Neutering, so many unwanted babies in this world.

16. Likes Roseann, dolphin liked this post
    Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I sent you a link in PM with many details on breeding, we cannot post breeder links on site so hopefully those will help you.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads