brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Bullies are very ocd dogs. Have you ever had an EB? The crave and thrive on contact with their humans. This is they are not generally dogs that you would get if there are going to be long periods of alone time, or if you plan on putting them in the yard. They are absolutely indoor dogs only as they are very heat and cold sensitive. There is a lot of info to garner here. Any questions you have, certainly ask away as we have all experienced it at one time or another. The most important thing you will take away from this experience is that there really is nothing in this entire world like the love you get from a bulldog. Your life will forever be changed for the better. Good luck and welcome to EBN.

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie (2015), Jasper (2020), Tucker (2015-2020)
I've never had a dog that needed contact as much as this dog. I have also never had a more gentle, submissive dog either. She's a timid little toaster. I am trying to get her a bit more confident!

My Tucker was also timid to start with, as he was 4 months old when I got him. He had lived in two different households, and I am guessing he had been through some bad experiences. He didn't like to be picked up or held, but he is just now relenting on that. Also, there are some people, mainly men, who he will bark at when approached. He is very sensitive to people carrying things when approaching him. He has gotten better with time.

I'm sure Lola will become more confident as she settles into a routine and continues to receive lots of love. Please keep us posted!

OP
O

ober51

Aug 14, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Bracing for some bad news for little Lola. I can see she walks weird and moves a bit cockeyed, falls over etc. I have a sneaking suspicion she has bad hip dysplasia, the product of bad breeding. To make matters worse, her adopted brother Leo was just confirmed to have it officially. I'm convinced the pet store owner knew and that's why she's unloading these puppies. Really rotten. Off to the vet tomorrow to get this sweet girl's last shot and more info!

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie (2015), Jasper (2020), Tucker (2015-2020)
Bracing for some bad news for little Lola. I can see she walks weird and moves a bit cockeyed, falls over etc. I have a sneaking suspicion she has bad hip dysplasia, the product of bad breeding. To make matters worse, her adopted brother Leo was just confirmed to have it officially. I'm convinced the pet store owner knew and that's why she's unloading these puppies. Really rotten. Off to the vet tomorrow to get this sweet girl's last shot and more info!

I am so sorry for you and Lola! That makes me so damn mad that people can be so heartless and not admit knowing of health issues. Are they really so stupid to think you won't know she previously had these issues?

I'm sorry but it hits close to the heart. I pray for good news for you both.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Please keep us posted... Hopefully it is not as bad as you suspect.... Sending lots of positive vibes

OP
O

ober51

Aug 14, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Vet cant say with certainty but he does not think she has hip dysplasia. She has full range of motion. Lola does, however, have laxity in her knees pretty badly. Vet thinks it's due to being a puppy and should go away in two months. If not, not a good thing and would require surgery. She also has a whole body rash. We are transitioning her on Coastal Catch Earthborn so we will see how she does on this grain free, fish protein diet. Also has an ear infection. Gave her the lepto and rabies shots. She was such a brave toaster. Amazingly behaved and wants to nuzzle everyone!

Crossing fingers but I am content for now. We have made the decision to foster her only. She's our dream dog but I think she deserves even better than we can give her. I am just starting a new job so I want to do what is right for her and allow her to be with a family that is home more often than we are. We are very good to her, but she deserves the best!

For now, though, we enjoy this sweet little lady!

OP
O

ober51

Aug 14, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Lola was passed along to another great foster who will have the resources and people to love her like she deserves. She is going to make someone eternally happy, I just hope her health cooperates!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Lola was passed along to another great foster who will have the resources and people to love her like she deserves. She is going to make someone eternally happy, I just hope her health cooperates!

Thank you for the update and for caring for lola!