Fostering Lola

ober51

Aug 14, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Hi All!

I found my way here right as my wife and I welcome Lola, temporarily for now, as a foster baby. The rescue couldn't stand to see her in the puppy store so they asked us to foster her. We said yes, and here we are!

She needs her last puppy shot, a nice bath, and a trip to the vet to make sure she's healthy! She also is a chubby girl so she will need a little exercise and fewer calories :) I honestly tweaked my back carrying her the pet store!

All in all she is a sweet, sweet girl so far (the first hour lol), so we hope to get her nice and healthy and work form there. We are fostering but are suckers, so it might be a tough thing to let this baby go!

We hope to see everyone around as we will have lots of questions as we've never had an EB! We've had small dogs and a very challenging mastiff, but this is our first lady EB :)

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 150
  • FullSizeRender_1.jpg
    FullSizeRender_1.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 143

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMG... She is beautiful!!!

:welcome3: to EBN and the wonderful world of Bulldogs!!!

And, i predict foster failure :D

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
OMG... She is beautiful!!!

:welcome3: to EBN and the wonderful world of Bulldogs!!!

And, i predict foster failure :D

My thoughts exactly! Welcome to you and Lola!

OP
O

ober51

Aug 14, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Thank you!

I think she is so heavy that she's panting ALL the time. I imagine she is also a bit stressed and confused, too. Is the incessant panting normal? I don't mind it but I just want to make sure she's ok!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Panting is a normal reaction when a dog is nervous or excited. She has been put through several situations that are new to her. When she settles in to your home,and feels more secure,she will be less stressed.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Give her some time to settle in snd make sure she is in air conditioning and stays cool

OP
O

ober51

Aug 14, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Thank you! Yeah she's already coming out of her she'll and smells way better :) image.jpg

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie (2015), Jasper (2020), Tucker (2015-2020)
She is so cute! How old is she? And I am just curious about her story. How did she end up in foster care if she was being sold in a pet store? I realize that is not an ideal place. She is so precious, how could someone not just fall completely in love with her?

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Holy smokes what a beautiful girl! Welcome to EBN and the wonderful world of bulldogs :welcome:

OP
O

ober51

Aug 14, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
She is so cute! How old is she? And I am just curious about her story. How did she end up in foster care if she was being sold in a pet store? I realize that is not an ideal place. She is so precious, how could someone not just fall completely in love with her?

No idea. I was just told that the owner "needed the pups to go." Apparently the other is being fostered out to Pittsburgh and there are two more Fenchies.

OP
O

ober51

Aug 14, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
I've never had a dog that needed contact as much as this dog. I have also never had a more gentle, submissive dog either. She's a timid little toaster. I am trying to get her a bit more confident!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.