Hello from Lookout Mountain, GA

GeorgeandMe47

Jul 29, 2015
Lookout Mountain, Georgia
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
George
Hello! George, the almost-famous bulldog, came to live with my husband and me 1 year ago. His initial (first) owner knew he could not give George the attention George would need when his first owner changed jobs.
We welcomed George, the almost-famous bulldog, to our home on Lookout Mountain because I had just retired from 41 yrs as a Registered Nurse and needed someone to walk me through retirement days.
George, the almost-famous bulldog is eight years old. Call us a couple of Senior Citizens.
George is our second rescued bulldog. Annie, our first English bulldog, died 10 years ago at age 9 yrs. She was a therapy dog. We could not and did not find a dog to replace Annie.
Enter George. He and Annie, both EBs, yet as un-alike as two dogs could be.
George is older than I had believed when I was first asked if we would adopt him. He is 8 and I am 68. Imagine his surprise when he first saw ME!
George the almost-famous bulldog, has had few medical problems to date. In comparison to Annie, who visited a vet twice or three times a month for dry eyes, entropian, eye infections, and lots of allergies, George, "ta-fb", has gone to our local
Vet yearly for shots and for a bout of treatment for an interdigital cyst, which, should it reappear, I handle the warm water foot soaks. The quality of George's coat, his overall bulldog appearance, and his obedience training are so much better than our original doll, Annie. But they have both been loved and appreciatiated by my husband and me.

GeorgeandMe47

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

MaMaonStrike

Jul 29, 2015
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
An english Bulldog, Trixie and a pug, Zoey owns ME.
Welcome to the EBN!! I'm new here myself. I have an EB puppy, and going back to pick up her sister this Saturday and a Pug. I have enjoyed my visit here thus far. Very informative and helpful from these wonderful people!! I hope you enjoy your visit here as much as I have!!

OP
G

GeorgeandMe47

Jul 29, 2015
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
George
Welcome to the EBN!! I'm new here myself. I have an EB puppy, and going back to pick up her sister this Saturday and a Pug. I have enjoyed my visit here thus far. Very informative and helpful from these wonderful people!! I hope you enjoy your visit here as much as I have!!
I'd post a photo of George, the almost-famous bulldog but I can't figure out how to do so [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Welcome hope ya enjoy
This is a fun place full of info and as you humans that love our Bullies
Send lottsa pics we all love to see them
hope to see you more
Nat

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN .... what a great story! Thank you for giving him a loving new home!

To load a photo... in the text box when posting, at the top is a bar of icaon, the third icon from the end when hover over it will read 'insert photo'. Select it and then select your photo and upload

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:smileywelcome::welcome:to you, [MENTION=14603]GeorgeandMe47[/MENTION] We are happy to have you here!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Love your introduction and eagerly await your pics of George. Hopefully, some of
your home, sounds lovely :) Welcome to EBN, a truly friendly & warm group that
loves bulldogs, in fact, nutso for bulldogs! Lots of experience & knowledge here
and willing to share their helpful advice. Jump right in our conversations too :)
God bless you for your service as a Nurse!

OP
G

GeorgeandMe47

Jul 29, 2015
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
George
10152458255569380.jpg

Thank you, one and all, for your warm welcomes. I'm experimenting with this reply to see if 68 year olds can still cut it in the world of technology!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.