My little porker Frank

Adam Gibbs

Aug 11, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "Frankie"
IMG_20150802_114715491.jpgIMG_20150802_114715491.jpg

I got Frank on July 16th he turns 12 weeks tomorrow and he is a little bundle of joy. I love him so much he is great with obedience and crate training potty training is coming along but the toughest thing is to get him to stop biting hands and feet. He always wants to play after nap time and is always biting believe me he has more than enough toys.

How does everyone get their bully to stop biting?

OP
A

Adam Gibbs

Aug 11, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "Frankie"
Better photo of Frank he is 15 pounds now and is a handsome red/white color

Attachments

• IMG_20150716_233856236.jpg
    IMG_20150716_233856236.jpg
    943.1 KB · Views: 146

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
he is a little doll!!!!

the only way that we controlled the biting is to direct him to other things as soon as he starts. We also would scream really loud when he would start doing it, it won't last to long most get the message pretty quick. Thanks for sharing these pics!

:EBNwelcome:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site and your baby is just too precious. They all bite and love feet when they are pups, but will grow out of it. Just redirect with a chew toy when they want to bite on you and tell him "no bite" then give the toy. He will learn in time.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OH MY goodness... that face, what a cutie pie! i see freckles on his ear too :heart:

Biting --- get used to it, it will last till about 5 / 6 months old.... redirect with one of his toys with a firm NO when he goes for a hand... say NO while going for the hand or whatever, then give him the toy with some praise

OP
A

Adam Gibbs

Aug 11, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "Frankie"
Yeah I've had 3 sessions with a puppy trainer who has come to our house and she said the same thing just say no or ouch and give him something else to chew on. When he is frisky and wants to play you just have to not get him too revved up. Another thing I wanted to ask is what is the best way to get a 3 month old puppy to walk with a harness/leesh? Their attention span is so crazy that they will just want to chill in one spot and when I try to get him to come or pull Frank a little he just sits and won't move a muscle. The trainer got me to walk with Frank in the house with string cheese at my side. I'm gonna try that today when I walk him after work.

Frank is a very smart puppy. First couple weeks were tough but he is part of the family now.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Frankie is adorable! As far as puppy biting, redirect also worked well for us. When he starts biting something he shouldn't, direct him to something he can bite on and then praise him. We also would sometimes soak sturdy towels in water, freeze them, then let Frank chew on them supervised. It would help soothe his little puppy teeth and gums.

Our Frank is very food driven, so we were able to get him to go on walks with treats. The string cheese sounds like it worked well!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yeah I've had 3 sessions with a puppy trainer who has come to our house and she said the same thing just say no or ouch and give him something else to chew on. When he is frisky and wants to play you just have to not get him too revved up. Another thing I wanted to ask is what is the best way to get a 3 month old puppy to walk with a harness/leesh? Their attention span is so crazy that they will just want to chill in one spot and when I try to get him to come or pull Frank a little he just sits and won't move a muscle. The trainer got me to walk with Frank in the house with string cheese at my side. I'm gonna try that today when I walk him after work.

Frank is a very smart puppy. First couple weeks were tough but he is part of the family now.

Yes, bring some kibble with you on the walk and let him know you have it, and reward after he walks

OP
A

Adam Gibbs

Aug 11, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "Frankie"
Yeah Frank has freckles on his ears, belly and has black spots on his paws as well the vet said she has rarely seen so many black spots on a English Bulldogs paws.

OP
A

Adam Gibbs

Aug 11, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "Frankie"
I agree the only way to get Frank walking with the harness is to give him treats and reward him.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Frank is adorable. The shark phase will pass like the others have said. I'm not sure where you live but be careful taking walks in the heat. Anything over 70 degrees is dangerous for a bulldog. They get heat stroke very very easily. Welcome to EBN!

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Our baby will be 3 months old on Sunday. We are going through the same things. I tried the harness at first and he just plopped down like "yea- this ain't happening." He does much better with a collar. He loves to walk in between your legs though. Still working on potty training. How are you coming along with potty training? Right now- we limit him to the kitchen area bc it seems everytime we take him to any other part of the house ( that has carpet) he immediately finds a spot to potty on- even under a close eye. Although he does keep #2's for outside. image.jpg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online