New Here Hi everyone

Jean

Aug 2, 2015
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
Butterbean
Hi everyone, I'v had my butterbean for eight months and lately He has just been sick throwing up and peeing s lot been to vet but it just keeps coming back today he acts like he feels sooo bad and wont eat any suggestions ? Vet changed his food to royal canin last week!!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Well...there's your biggest problem, crappy food & a vet that
doesn't know good nutrition (most don't, vet school doesn't
teach it). Put Butter Bean on a GRAIN FREE kibble like Fromm's
or TOTW (Taste of the Wild) sold at Tractor Supply & affordable.
These are concentrated foods so feed less & they poop less & not
stinky. I feed my Cami TOTW Bison & Venison, they have a nice
Salmon too. She's 64 lbs, I feed 1 cup AM & 1 cup PM with 1 cup
green beans (warmed up) & I/2 cup water mixed in, how old is
your bully? Need pics, please!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Very good advice from Carol.Two things I'd like to mention-is there a possibility that your pup may have swallowed something,that he can not pass,since he is vomiting?
Did your vet check him for a urinary tract/bladder infection,in regards to vomiting/peeing? @Jean Childs Fortune

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Please have Butterbean checked for obstruction in his stomach. I feed Elmo Fromm, hard food, it comes in different flavors, and Canidae soft canned food about 1tablespoon twice a day mixed in with 2cups of the hard food Fromm. I order his food from Petflow.com Elmo also gets coconut oil and yogurt mixed together. I Pray everything will be ok with your Precious Butterbean. Petflow also has puppy food.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi everyone, I'v had my butterbean for eight months and lately He has just been sick throwing up and peeing s lot been to vet but it just keeps coming back today he acts like he feels sooo bad and wont eat any suggestions ? Vet changed his food to royal canin last week!!

Hi and Welcome to you and Butterbean. You have been given great advice already, and I agree a more thorough check up is needed by your vet. Has he checked his blood or stools for viruses, parasites or Infections? Has he checked his tummy with an X-ray or a scope to look for a possible obstruction? I would take him back to the vet and have him rechecked, or take him to another vet for a second opinion. Make sure he has access to plenty of fresh water since he isn't eating very much, you want to be careful that he doesn't dehydrate. I hope he feels better soon, please keep us posted on how he's doing. Sending love, hugs and prayers your way.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN

Agree with others --- get a second opinion on what the issues are for your baby.

What food (brand and protein) were you feeding before the vet prescribed switch?

MaMaonStrike

Jul 29, 2015
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
An english Bulldog, Trixie and a pug, Zoey owns ME.
Royal Canin made my pug SICK when.I rescued her. They had her on it and she was SO skinny and sickly looking. Fromm GRAIN FREE food worked wonders. I know she's NOT an English bulldog but our English bulldog baby is also on Fromm. Cannot go wrong with Fromm. Welcome to EBN and hope your baby gets to feeling better soon!! Keep us posted on how your baby's doing!

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
sign0016.gif
to EBN.

OP
J

Jean

Aug 2, 2015
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
Butterbean
Thanks everyone for the advice I did take butterbean to a another vet done xrays had air in stomach and a uti gave him some new meds and he is feeling much better today will get pictures on when i figure out how!!!:yes:

OP
J

Jean

Aug 2, 2015
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
Butterbean
He was on Holistic from petland

OP
J

Jean

Aug 2, 2015
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
Butterbean
He will be 1 this month will get pictures on when i figure out how and where do you get fromm from

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.