New to Forum and bulldogs

Zeus22

Jul 28, 2015
Kansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
Hi my name is grace, just thought i'd introduce myself- and more importantly, Zeus :)
We have had Zeus for a few months now, after finding him dumped in a parking lot :( I loved him right away, but because we were unsure of how our dog would take to him and if we could afford the cost (he was in pretty bad shape) we were going to take him to humane society. However, after many tears and searching we decided to give it a go, and introduced the dogs- and it went great! I was so relieved (though they've had a few problems here and there since).
We love him to pieces, but he does have many o problems which is why i was here in the first place. Mainly skin/hotspots/allergy issues. This forum has helped a lot- so thanks guys! the other guy in the photo is out boxer mix, Gunner.

Attachments

• 10352823_10206680997730954_3738105695710614319_n.jpg
    10352823_10206680997730954_3738105695710614319_n.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 81
  • zeus.jpg
    zeus.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 155

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! Zeus is gorgeous, and I'm so glad to hear that you adopted him… we are so glad to have you guys here at EBN. Gunner is gorgeous too… I have a soft-spot for boxers… Lol

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
:smileywelcome: to the site! And thank you for all of us for taking in Zeus! He didn't deserve to be dumped. You are an angel and will be rewarded with all the love that little guy can give!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Welcome to you & Zeus - bless you for taking him and giving him a loving home. I bet he is in heaven with you guys and his new brother :)

As far as the skin issues go - what are you feeding him? Bullies are very sensitive to alot of things.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:welcome4: Zeus is a lucky guy! This site will surely help you with any issues. Zeus and his bro are handsome guys!

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie (2015), Jasper (2020), Tucker (2015-2020)
Zeus is so handsome! I am happy he found you. Poor boy. I don't know why anyone would want to dump him.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:cry: dumped in a parking lot ?? SMDH ----- thank you so so much for taking him in and giving him a loving new home! So wonderful!

:welcome3: to EBN

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Welcome!!! Wow, who would dump that beautiful dog? He's gorgeous, and you are an angel for taking care of him.

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Dumped in a parking lot??? Ugh I hope someone dumps his previous owners in a crappy nursing home one day.... Well I'm glad you stumbled upon him and that he has a happy home with you! I love that your first dog took to him so quickly. Dogs know when another dog is in need and he knew you'd take care of Zeus.

OP
Z

Zeus22

Jul 28, 2015
Kansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
Thank you everyone!
Currently they are eating pure balance salmon and pea. have been for about a month, i don't think there's been any change. His hot spots seem to have been getting better- from using witch hazel and goldbond on them. His skin all over stills seems to be red/ flaky. Before, i tried the bison/pea but my other dog Gunner got spots on his chest eating that. Right now i am looking for something else. i think he has environmental allergies as well- his feet are always red/irritated and he's always licking them-- i just started soaking his feet in povidone iodine everytime he comes in from outside and he doesnt seem to lick as much so i hope that works.
His ears are irritated as well- got drops from vet for that, but it's very off/and on to them looking healthy then irritated every day. started cleaning them with witch hazel daily. Gunner is always trying to lick his ears though which i think makes them worse.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
:welcome: to EBN! You are a true life saver for taking him in like that. It can take up to 6 weeks for any food change to show a difference. If you haven't tried it already see if Benadryl will give him any relief. It's the one thing that's made a big difference with our bully when he has allergic outburst. I hope you find something that works for you.

OP
Z

Zeus22

Jul 28, 2015
Kansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
Thank you! we do give him benedry- 2 pills once a day before bed. Maybe 2 pills 2x a day would be better. And with the food- thanks for the info, i would of thought i'd see a differece sooner than that, i may give it a while longer-- or not i dont know, i feel so uncertain about what to feed them- my brain feels fried on all the dogfood research.
My boxer mix Gunner started having what i think are idiopathic head tremors- i've only seen him do it a few times- could that start from food?? He is going to see vet today.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.