Grace
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: New to Forum and bulldogs

Thank you everyone!
    Currently they are eating pure balance salmon and pea. have been for about a month, i don't think there's been any change. His hot spots seem to have been getting better- from using witch hazel and goldbond on them. His skin all over stills seems to be red/ flaky. Before, i tried the bison/pea but my other dog Gunner got spots on his chest eating that. Right now i am looking for something else. i think he has environmental allergies as well- his feet are always red/irritated and he's always licking them-- i just started soaking his feet in povidone iodine everytime he comes in from outside and he doesnt seem to lick as much so i hope that works.
    His ears are irritated as well- got drops from vet for that, but it's very off/and on to them looking healthy then irritated every day. started cleaning them with witch hazel daily. Gunner is always trying to lick his ears though which i think makes them worse.

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

to EBN! You are a true life saver for taking him in like that. It can take up to 6 weeks for any food change to show a difference. If you haven't tried it already see if Benadryl will give him any relief. It's the one thing that's made a big difference with our bully when he has allergic outburst. I hope you find something that works for you.

Real Name
    Grace
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus
    Likes (Received)

Thank you! we do give him benedry- 2 pills once a day before bed. Maybe 2 pills 2x a day would be better. And with the food- thanks for the info, i would of thought i'd see a differece sooner than that, i may give it a while longer-- or not i dont know, i feel so uncertain about what to feed them- my brain feels fried on all the dogfood research.
    My boxer mix Gunner started having what i think are idiopathic head tremors- i've only seen him do it a few times- could that start from food?? He is going to see vet today.

Bulldog Vet in Training g8erjackie's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jackie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruckus and Regina
    Likes (Received)

Have you tried a medicated shampoo for his skin? I use Douxo shampoo when Ruckus's paws or skin gets irritated and stick with Butt's Bees oatmeal shampoo otherwise. Also, adding coconut or fish oil to his food could help with his skin and coat. Thank you for taking such good care of him! I have no experience with head tremors, but I hope your Boxer mix is feeling better!

Real Name
    Grace
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus
    Likes (Received)

For bathes i alternate between using aloe head and shoulders one week and Zymox enzyme shampoo the next week, using the zymox enzyme rinse after both. I also have an all natural tea tree shampoo i use every once a while. And i have recently started giving him coconut oil on his meals in the morning and night. And thanks, me too!

Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Castor
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Beautiful dogs - I really liked the picture of both dogs! Hope your boy will feel better soon.

Castor is on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/castorthebulldog/

Newbie Become a 4 Paw Member 2hillkids's Avatar
    Country
    United States of America
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola
    Likes (Received)

Welcome! Not sure who can dump any pet in a parking lot especially this cutie. I'm sure he is very happy you saved him.

BullyWood Movie Star I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Erin
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank
    Likes (Received)

Welcome! Zeus and Gunner are very handsome! Thank you for saving Zeus and giving him a loving home!
    Happiness is a warm bulldog!

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Susan Moore
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elmo
    Likes (Received)

You are a Wonderful person for saving the Bully, God Bless You.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads