Hi All!

Gussesdad

Jul 6, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gus
Been reading the forum for awhile and love all the great info and everyone loves their bullies!

Had an EB that died 5 yrs ago at age 9. We loved Spike and he was such a part of the family. When he died we couldn't bring ourselves to get another EB.

We ended up getting a rescue mutt that just didn't work out. We tried our best but after 5 yrs, his temperament was not getting better and with a 9 and 12 yr old child. We couldn't take a chance any more as he was starting to really get nasty and would try to bite the kids friends.

We had no dog for a year and my wife and I decided we needed to make our family whole again and get another Bully. My wife was friends with a great breeder in Arkansas and on St Pattys day Gus was born and we couldn't wait. We got Gus at 10 weeks and now at 16 weeks it was one of the best decisions we ever made. Our whole family is so happy and I can't explain it but it's a certain joy when a bully is in the home.

Here are a few pics of our new baby boy! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436228156.683180.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1436228183.379421.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1436228196.869943.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Welcome!!! Gus is just precious :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Gussesdad

Gussesdad

Jul 6, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gus
Thanks for the warm welcome! Look forward to getting to know everyone and learning more about the breed I love

Sent from my iPhone

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I completely agree, you can't compare this breed to any other. He is a doll and has a great name! :EBNwelcome:

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Welcome to EBN! Gus is a handsome fella.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a handsome little man..... timing is everything

:welcome3: to EBN

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
Welcome to EBN! What a gorgeous boy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
:welcome3:to the site, lovely intro, loved hearing about Spike, sorry to hear of your loss. Gus is handsome and I am so glad he is making everyone so happy.

OP
Gussesdad

Gussesdad

Jul 6, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gus
Regretfully our loving boy Gus died today. I'm in shock, anger, I can't describe what I'm feeling.

Healthy 7 month old goes in to get neutered this morning and at noon I get a call that he had cardiac arrest. Apparently they gave him his pre anesthesia shots and when they put the gas mask on he turned white and they couldn't bring him back?

To make it worse the vet said she has no ideas what went wrong. She took my dog to get an autopsy earlier today. We called 4 times since then with no call back.

Our breeder said there is a drug called "ace?" Which was one of the drugs he took. The breeder said this drug which is used by many vets are bad for bullies.

Our family is ripped apart. I want answers, and I now feel like the vet is hiding something to avoid a law suit due to the lack of return calls.

Has anyone ever heard of a heart attack from pre anesthesia? Any people I should call and talk to?

Please help.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445554039.396994.jpg

RIP my young friend

Sent from my iPhone

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
awe wow, I am SO SO SORRY, I would drive over there and talk to them if they aren't returning calls, you need to find out whats going on. I've heard of bullies having heart attacks while on the operating table but I don't know about pre-anesthesia. Please please keep us posted. Ace is acepromazine but if he went into arrest before they put the mask on it doesn't really matter what kind of gas they were going to use. I am really sorry. My prayers for you and your family.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.