AND
    "Be the person your dog thinks you are"

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gus
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Hi All!

Regretfully our loving boy Gus died today. I'm in shock, anger, I can't describe what I'm feeling.

Healthy 7 month old goes in to get neutered this morning and at noon I get a call that he had cardiac arrest. Apparently they gave him his pre anesthesia shots and when they put the gas mask on he turned white and they couldn't bring him back?

To make it worse the vet said she has no ideas what went wrong. She took my dog to get an autopsy earlier today. We called 4 times since then with no call back.

Our breeder said there is a drug called "ace?" Which was one of the drugs he took. The breeder said this drug which is used by many vets are bad for bullies.

Our family is ripped apart. I want answers, and I now feel like the vet is hiding something to avoid a law suit due to the lack of return calls.

Has anyone ever heard of a heart attack from pre anesthesia? Any people I should call and talk to?

Please help.

-imageuploadedbytapatalk1445554039-396994-jpg

RIP my young friend

Sent from my iPhone

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

awe wow, I am SO SO SORRY, I would drive over there and talk to them if they aren't returning calls, you need to find out whats going on. I've heard of bullies having heart attacks while on the operating table but I don't know about pre-anesthesia. Please please keep us posted. Ace is acepromazine but if he went into arrest before they put the mask on it doesn't really matter what kind of gas they were going to use. I am really sorry. My prayers for you and your family.

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gus
    Likes (Received)

Thanks. I'm not up on this stuff as much as I should be. But I assumed the ace was one of the pre anesthesia shots. In other words before the gas mask. I want to go to the vets but at this point I don't know if I'll be able to control my anger.

Sent from my iPhone

5. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gussesdad View Post
    Thanks. I'm not up on this stuff as much as I should be. But I assumed the ace was one of the pre anesthesia shots. In other words before the gas mask. I want to go to the vets but at this point I don't know if I'll be able to control my anger.

Sent from my iPhone
    I hear you and totally understand, it's best to let things calm down.

7. Likes Gussesdad liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Default Hi All!

I am so very sorry for your loss, I can imagine the devastation. Ace is not something generally used for Bulldogs due to their breathing issues. I don't know much as to how it relates to cardiac arrest

As far as the vet goes, I'd be up in that office in a rage. Who cares, you lost your baby, and you deserve answers!

I will be praying for you & your family. And may sweet Gus rest in peace, and run free. I'm so very sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

9. Likes Gussesdad liked this post
    Harvey's Executive Assistant Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harvey Specter
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

sorry to hear this. I really am lost for words. My bulldog was neutered last May. Did not have any issues.

Bless your Family.
    Hug your bully today

11. Likes TyTysmom, Gussesdad liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I am so incredibly sorry for your loss.

Unfortunately, we don't really know when it happened. It may of been the acepromazine, or it could have been the intubation. If your vet used a gas mask, I'm gonna tell you to sue cause that's the stupidest thing
    a vet can do with brachycephalic breeds.

I really hope you get answers soon.

13. Likes TyTysmom, Gussesdad, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gus
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for all the kind words. Just heard from vet. She was running all over state with Gus trying to get answers. She first took him to a specialty hospital and they had some concerns about a narrow trachea but then they said they didn't want to delve to deep until they saw a pathologist. So she ran the dog across the state and they said the heart seemed a little thick but they will be conducting full autopsy tomorrow and hopefully we get some results.

He was never intubated. It happened before that once they put the gas mask on.

Now that you said the gas mask is the stupidest thing, I will bring this up next time we speak. Right now I just want to get the full report.

Unfortunately. Whether I sue, don't sue, get the answers or not, I can never have Gus back. It hurts. Don't know how to get thru this

Sent from my iPhone

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gussesdad View Post
    Thanks for all the kind words. Just heard from vet. She was running all over state with Gus trying to get answers. She first took him to a specialty hospital and they had some concerns about a narrow trachea but then they said they didn't want to delve to deep until they saw a pathologist. So she ran the dog across the state and they said the heart seemed a little thick but they will be conducting full autopsy tomorrow and hopefully we get some results.

He was never intubated. It happened before that once they put the gas mask on.

Now that you said the gas mask is the stupidest thing, I will bring this up next time we speak. Right now I just want to get the full report.

Unfortunately. Whether I sue, don't sue, get the answers or not, I can never have Gus back. It hurts. Don't know how to get thru this

Sent from my iPhone
    I can't imagine your pain. Just thinking of losing my two makes my knees weak, and the tears start rolling.

Just know that you can post here all you want and you'll get all the support you need. We get it and wanna help.

16. Likes TyTysmom, 2BullyMama, Gussesdad liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I am heartbroken for you and your family... So very sorry for the loss of your sweet boy.

I hope you get some answers .

Gus is a very handsome bully boy. Rest in peace sweerie
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

18. Likes Gussesdad liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member Donnam's Avatar
    Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winnie
    Likes (Received)

I am so, so sorry for the loss of your precious Gus. And I can understand your fury too. It's probably best to let things calm down a little and get autopsy results--just so you're thinking a little more clearly. I don't know much about acepromazine. My old vet prescribed it for a boxer of mine that was really scared and crazy during storms. It was in a pill form and I was supposed to give it to calm her down. Before I ever used it, I read an article about the drug and how it should never be given to boxers (also a brachycephalic breed)--that some boxers had been known to die from taking it.

again, I'm so sorry. Such a tragic way to lose your little guy so young. We are all here for you--it hurts us all when something like this happens. Please keep us posted. Rest in peace sweet Gus!

20. Likes Gussesdad liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads