New member Odin

jakelee1013

Mar 19, 2015
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Odin r.I.p new pup is Rollo
Hello my name is Jacob and I came to this site to be around people who share the love for these wonderful. Animals like I do I am a Iraq vet an when I got home I was having problems adjusting until I got Odin he was my English bully he brought me back he was the best thing that has happened to me the reason I'm writing this Odin passed away a week ago it is killing me nobody understands what he ment to me so I knew people on this site would know just how great they are an how much they can change your life thank you to everyone in this site who loves the English bullys

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Re: Our Forum Rules

Hello my name is Jacob and I came to this site to be around people who share the love for these wonderful. Animals like I do I am a Iraq vet an when I got home I was having problems adjusting until I got Odin he was my English bully he brought me back he was the best thing that has happened to me the reason I'm writing this Odin passed away a week ago it is killing me nobody understands what he ment to me so I knew people on this site would know just how great they are an how much they can change your life thank you to everyone in this site who loves the English bullys

Hi Jacob. Welcome to the forum, let me start off by saying "Thank you for your service to our country" - I am so very sorry to hear about sweet Odin. I can only imagine the pain. You are right, we all here understand what these sweet babies mean to us. While nothing can replace him, remember the good times you had with him, the beautiful life you gave him, and also remember he is not gone forever, one day you will be reunited with him. Think of him looking down on you, he is in pain, he is free. Please post a picture of sweet Odin in the Memorials area so we can all see his sweet face. I will be praying for you during this time, for God to bring you peace.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Re: Our Forum Rules

@jakelee1013

Thank you for serving our country, Jacob, and I'm terribly sorry for the loss of your Bullie, Odin. They truly are a special breed and it's hard for people that have never had one, to understand our love for them.
They're more like children than dogs to most of us, so the pain of losing one runs very deep.

We have a wonderful supportive community here, and I hope you stick around so we can get to you know.

Also, if you're up to it, please start a thread with picture and stories of Odin. We would love to hear more about you two. :hug::flower:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

:welcome3: to EBN .... so very sorry for the loss of your sweet boy. Can you post some pictures of him, would love to see your buddy.

May he rest in peace.

Thank you so very much for your service to our country

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Wow!...such a terrible, crushing loss, I'm so very sorry for Odin's passing!

I posted in another thread just last night about adopting my 2nd bulldog,
Cami, about 3 months after losing my 1st adopted bully love and thinking
it was too soon. Right away, I loved her, she helped ease my grief when I
thought nothing would. Love saves us from life's cruelties & painful things
unendurable alone and draws us out of that pit of hell we are in. You know
all this. Hoping you find a new love soon, dear Jacob. Please post pics of
Odin (love his name) and your life together, we'd so love to see y'all. I had
Catahoulas, a pair of big, bad 100 lb'ders (brothers), Leonidas & Beowulf.
They were some characters and lived up to their names!

Jacob, thank you for your brave service to America. I'm an Army brat and
understand military life and the sacrifice & toll it takes on a person.

Welcome to EBN, this is a very caring group, not the norm at all and you
weren't brought here by chance :) Please, make yourself at home, jump
right on in our conversations.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site and thank you for your service. I am so sorry to hear about the passing of or baby. It is never easy to loose a bully. May Odin rest in peace.

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Oh I'm so sorry! My heart hurts right along with yours. Sweet Odin....*LOVE*

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I thank you for your service and I am so so very sorry to hear about the loss of your Odin. Like others said, when/if you feel up to it, post pictures and tell us about Odin. Our bulldogs help us in ways that most people can't imagine and when they leave us, they take a part of us with them.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I am so sorry to hear about your baby and you're right if there's one site on the web that would understand it is here. English bullys are like no other and losing one is devastating no matter who you are or what you're going through. I like most on here would love to see pictures of him and hear stories about him and your life together. Thank you for posting and thank you for your service to America, it's because of people like you that we are able to enjoy our bulldogs and live life how we want to.

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie (2015), Jasper (2020), Tucker (2015-2020)
Jacob, I know some of the agony you must be feeling. Even thought my baby Shiner was only 4 months old when he passed recently, I had become so attached to him that I was devastated. However, I was fortunate enough to be able to find my Tucker two days after Shiner's death. That may seem too soon for some, but I had an empty spot in my heart that I needed to fill. I think it was meant to be, as Tucker's birthday is only one day after Shiner's. Tucker had a rough start, with me being his third owner, so I believe fate has brought us together.

I hope you are able to find a way to fill the void of your beloved Odin.

Thank you for your service. :salute::usa:

OP
jakelee1013

jakelee1013

Mar 19, 2015
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Odin r.I.p new pup is Rollo
I want to thank everyone for there comments and support

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Thank you so much for your service. I am so sorry for your loss of Odin. To me, the death of a beloved dog is one of life's deepest hurts. Although Rollo can never take the place of Odin, you will grow to love him every bit as much. I am a firm believer in getting a new dog after such a loss. Even when you think you're not ready, that new love will help you focus on the positive and lessen the pain. God bless you.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Jacob and Welcome to EBN to you and Rollo. I am so deeply sorry about the loss of your beloved baby Odin, and although he is gone he will always be a part of you, and will forever have a place in your heart. Rollo will never replace Odin, but you will love him and bond with him as well. Bullies are such a special breed of dog, they seem to know when we are sad or not feeling well, and they are very loyal and loving. It's very sad that dogs don't have the life span of us, because we will always have the pain of loving them, and then them leaving us, but we are so blessed to have them as part of our lives. Dogs will find a way into your heart, and when they leave to cross the Bridge, they take a piece of our hearts with them, and leave a pawprint on our hearts. Thank You for Your Service and Sacrifice that we may live free.
Rollo is very lucky to have you, and you him. I hope to see more of you and Rollo on here, and please share pictures of both Odin and Rollo. RIP sweet Odin, you were loved, and you will be missed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 98
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 88
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 94
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg