First Timer From Toronto

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Should I let him sleep in his crate overnight so he stays safe? Also, should he be In the same room as is when it's bedtime so he sees us?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG -- he is adorable!! Yes, best place at night is in crate when they are this young. He may cry/whine a bit, but try to ignore so he does not train you to gethim out on command ;) Also, he will need potty runs about every three hours so be sure to get a schedule set up

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Oh Bowser's adorable! We crate trained Stiggy when we first got him too. It worked for a couple of months, until we gave in and let him sleep in our bed. :p

We go to a holistic vet up in East York. They're fantastic, but we find that ebn has so many knowledgeable members that a lot of 'issues' can be fixed with some sort of home remedy.

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
@Steelstacks, Bowser is just lovely.

other stuff.
dremel for his nails.
oatmeal based shampoo
coconut oil for his coat
greek yogurt for probiotics
occasional cottage cheese

lots a luvin. that's it. you got everything.

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
He is so cute..you will love him beyond measure :) We use the Pedipaw for nails its less scary for us.And I use Castile shampoo with pepper mint or Tea tree oil because its natural...Enjoy your baby

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Thank you for the warm welcomes! I will post pics of him when I get him. @Karen100, I'm North of Toronto also in Vaughan. Please let me know of any good bulldog vets in the area.

My breeder is feeding him Alcana but I may switch over to fromms gradually.

Also, what shampoo should I get for him and I also need advice on nail clippers and a good de shedding brush. Is a furminator worth it? And what should I do about flea and tick prevention? Sorry for the plethora of questions but I want the best for this guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi and Welcome to you and Bowser, he is adorable. It looks like you have a great list of supplies so far, you can also go to the Home Page and click on Bringing Home a New Puppy for more great tips and suggestions.
we use Petsmarts Brand of Puppy Shampoo, its called Tearless Puppy Shampoo, it smells great, is gentle, and doesn't irritate their eyes. we use the Kong Zoom Groom brush, I like it because its soft, it removes all the loose hairs, and its easy to clean. we tried the Furminator, but they don't really have long hair, and they were afraid of it, so just use the Zoom Groom. We use Revolution fot Flea and Tick prevention, and it also treats and prevents Mange and Heartworm.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online