First Timer From Toronto

Steelstacks

May 30, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bowser
Hello all. I'm a first time Bully owner from Toronto. I will be bringing home my little guy on July 1st and this sight has been wonderful in getting me ready. He will be 9 weeks old when he comes home. I am a bit nervous because this is my first puppy. This is my puppy checklist of things to buy so far:

Slow feed bowls
Cage
Bed
NuVet supplements
Grizzly salmon oil
Malacetic wipes
Leash
Nylabones
Benadryl
Lemon juice
Pumpkin

Please let me know if I'm missing anything. I also wanted to get a play pen for him but don't know what kind to get (plastic or wired)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Hi and welcome! We're from the Toronto area too! Looks like you've got a good start list. Do you know what type of food you're going to feed the adorable fella? It's best to slowly wean him off what the breeder is feeding him, if you choose to change the brand.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Welcome to EBN [MENTION=14274]Steelstacks[/MENTION], sounds like you're pretty well prepared so what ever Bowser throws at you I'm sure you'll handle it great:) Bulldogs do best with harness on walks, so if you don't have that maybe it can be something to look into:)

You're in for a treat bringing your first bulldog puppy into your home, they are special <3 Looking forward to seeing pictures of him:w00t:

Karen100

Apr 14, 2014
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie,Taylor,Gatsby
Welcome and I too live just north of Toronto. A harness is a great idea. You need to find a good bulldog vet not all of them know a lot about these great dogs. Nothing is better than owning a bully. Good luck

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN and the wonderful world of Bulldogs!

Great starter list... best of luck and make sure we get picture of the new bundle of joy!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:welcome4:to you-and your new baby!! Congratulations,can't wait to see him!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Welcome to EBN. Sounds like you are off to a good start. Any question you have after Bowser comes home, just post away!

OP
Steelstacks

Steelstacks

May 30, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bowser
Thank you for the warm welcomes! I will post pics of him when I get him. [MENTION=11603]Karen100[/MENTION], I'm North of Toronto also in Vaughan. Please let me know of any good bulldog vets in the area.

My breeder is feeding him Alcana but I may switch over to fromms gradually.

Also, what shampoo should I get for him and I also need advice on nail clippers and a good de shedding brush. Is a furminator worth it? And what should I do about flea and tick prevention? Sorry for the plethora of questions but I want the best for this guy.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Furminator is well worth the price and a Zoom groom works well too. For the fleas we use Advantix 2 and have had no problems. :EBNwelcome:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
what shampoo should I get for him
I also need advice on nail clippers
good de shedding brush. Is a furminator worth it?
And what should I do about flea and tick prevention?

Shampoo -- I use John Paul Oatmeal (Paul Mitchell for dogs)
clippers -- I have my guys done at the vet during visits or take them to a local groomer... many her use a dremel too
brush -- Kong Zoom Groom... I love it!
flea/tick -- we have used Sentiel and Vectra 3D for many years without any issues

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
Hi there! we just moved to Boston but lived in Toronto with our bullie Lola for 4 years (Lola for 4, us for 7). We lived in the annex downtown, and used the animal clinic on mutual street as our vet (Matthew Richardson is great). We made lots of bully friends, and we used to go to this meetup group Toronto English bulldog club. Go find them, they are super super nice and they don't charge money to join the group and they bring water for dogs and humans (unless otherwise stated). Next meetup is July 12 at cherry beach at 10:30am. (don't think i can post the link but Pm me if you cant find them online).

welcome to EBN. I miss toronto. :)

• Details to follow on our July Meet Up at the popular Cherry Beach.

OP
Steelstacks

Steelstacks

May 30, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bowser
9641983210593fe03f495fd1298cd613.jpg

5a7c36d3185dbeee9e4aff1de59968f7.jpg

f0bb79604b79fbc55b08811f8b6817ff.jpg

324a0948348741128844172476290882.jpg

Woke up early and picked up my little guy today. Been spending the whole day letting him get use to his new home and surroundings. He's been a joy and has handled the big change very well except that he's been sleeping a lot all day.

Should I let him sleep in his crate overnight so he stays safe? Also, should he be In the same room as is when it's bedtime so he sees us?
[MENTION=3225]aprilemari[/MENTION], I will definitely look into the bully meetup when he gets older. Sounds very fun.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.