David Mann

Jun 17, 2015
NSW, Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Franky
Hi all, I have wanted a bulldog for a long time and finally realised that dream 2 weeks ago when I bought Franky from a small time breeder in Australia. He's an amazing dog and apart from going a bit puppy crazy once or twice a day when playing, he is very well behaved.

I run the house like a jail warden and am very strict about "nothing in life is free". He is 10 weeks old now and has stopped biting things except for his toys and bones, he knows "stop" when eating, "drop it" and "calm down" when playing, he also knows that to get food he must sit quietly and keep eye contact with me. I am very proud of his progress and I really look forward to the future with him. I also only give treats while training occasionally to make sure he doesn't just do things when bribed which I found helped a lot.

I am a bit worried that what his biting will start again as he starts to teethe so I will most likely be wetting and freezing some of his fabric toys to chew on.

And no intro is complete without photos:

View attachment S6oCmp6.jpg
View attachment khpQ0e7.jpg
View attachment Y3yT01h.jpg
And many more at https://imgur.com/gallery/2hEAe

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
What a precious baby make sure you were giving him lots of love, along with his training :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Welcome to EBN! Your Franky is adorable and I know he was worth the wait. It sounds like you're doing great with his training so far. Congratulations!

boo boo butts mom

Oct 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
boo boo butt
Oh my he is beautiful. His eyes are amazing. Good for you on his training, he sounds as though he is a really smart little guy.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Franky is Beautiful, he is Adorabull. Love his pictures. Give him lots and lots of Love with his training.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He is adorable! love those floppy ears :luv:

:welcome3: to EBN!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Welcome! Oh, I have good news for you, he is already teething and has been since about two weeks of age, so hopefully he won't chew up any if your furniture! :)

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
What a handsome little chap he is!! Congratulations on realizing that dream :welcome: to the family!

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
Hi all, I have wanted a bulldog for a long time and finally realised that dream 2 weeks ago when I bought Franky from a small time breeder in Australia. He's an amazing dog and apart from going a bit puppy crazy once or twice a day when playing, he is very well behaved.

I run the house like a jail warden and am very strict about "nothing in life is free". He is 10 weeks old now and has stopped biting things except for his toys and bones, he knows "stop" when eating, "drop it" and "calm down" when playing, he also knows that to get food he must sit quietly and keep eye contact with me. I am very proud of his progress and I really look forward to the future with him. I also only give treats while training occasionally to make sure he doesn't just do things when bribed which I found helped a lot.

I am a bit worried that what his biting will start again as he starts to teethe so I will most likely be wetting and freezing some of his fabric toys to chew on.

And no intro is complete without photos:

View attachment 88200
View attachment 88201
View attachment 88202
And many more at https://imgur.com/gallery/2hEAe

Omg he's a cutie patootie!

OP
D

David Mann

Jun 17, 2015
NSW, Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Franky
Thanks everyone :)

That's great news, I was waiting for the part where he started chewing everything he shouldn't!

Yes Franky is loved very much, we play chasies till he is fairly over it about 3 times a day together and then he likes to sit in his bed and chew on dehydrated kangaroo tail or will sit on my feet till I pick him up and give him cuddles. We also like to take short mid day naps outside where he curls up next to me on the lawn :) He has a range of different toys / bones / jerky / etc that I give to him on random rotation.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.