mcandelarios

Jun 15, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
Hello everyone. My name is Miguel and my wife and I welcomed our new English Bulldog into our home on June 5th 2015. His name is Tonka and thus far things have been going well. So far I have combed thru some threads regarding his biting, he just turned 9 weeks old and has started wanting to bite and nip at everything, especially our hands and feet. I found out about the "No Bite" spray that I think I will try other than that I have learned this is a phase that they go thru at this age. The other threads I have been researching are ones about him crying/barking while in his crate at night. Some nights he does just fine only waking up twice and once we let him out to go to the bathroom he is fine, other nights (like last night) he just cried and wanted out. We did our best to hold our ground and let him realize that its bedtime, I am hoping nights like last night are not too frequent. I look forward to picking everyone's brain in tips and tricks to make his transition to our home an smooth one.

Attachments

• 20150611_163943.jpg
    20150611_163943.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 163
  • 20150615_052413.jpg
    20150615_052413.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 176
  • received_10206601437296235.jpeg
    received_10206601437296235.jpeg
    46 KB · Views: 169

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Hi Miguel, welcome to EBN. Tonka is BEAUTIFUL. What a sweet little face. He's still getting used to his new surroundings, he should be fine with some time. Give him lots of love, so he starts to feel at home. It's totally common, and the biting - hee hee, there will be lots of that, :) welcome again! You'll love the site, we have a wonderful group!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Hi Miguel, welcome to EBN! Tonka is adorable. The biting stage is rough, we called it the Bull shark stage. Just stay firm and consistent in whatever reprimand you choose and you will be fine. If he is crying sometimes at night, you can get a light weight sheet and cover his crate. This helps them settle down sometimes. We are all here to help and answer any questions or concerns you may have, we have all been through it at one point or another.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN..... To lazy is adorable! Best of luck -- I just went through the it all too, my boy is now 8 moths. :whew:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:welcome2: Your Tonka is a wrinkley cutie! As for the biting,you have to keep re-directing-putting a nylabone,or another tough chew toy in his mouth and saying no bite,
when he is biting you. I've had numerous breeds of dogs, and it seems the bullies are the worst with puppy biting! If you keep at it, it will get better,and once they get their second teeth,it's over(if you h ave done your job!) It takes alot of patience,but will pay off in the long run! We all go through it with pups!

OP
M

mcandelarios

Jun 15, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
Thanks for the advice I appreciate it, we will stick with re-directing his biting and wait him out.

OP
M

mcandelarios

Jun 15, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
Thanks for the advice. We have actually been doing the exact opposite with his crate. We leave 2 night lights on and the TV on in hopes that this would calm him. I will definitely try to remove all stimulus tonight and try the sheet over the crate. Hopefully this helps. Thanks again.

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
He's beautiful! I remember the teething phase all too well. If you can even safely pet your dog during this shark phase, you're doing better than I did. LOL!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.