GingerWinger

May 17, 2015
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
Hi all! Really new to the world of bulldog and 1st let ke say its one of the best things ive ever done! He is so loving and is a absolute pleasure! His names Bruno and he is 11weeks. Had him a week now and settled in lovely. Already crate trained and garden trained he is such a quick learner i cant believe it! Just have a few things im un sure of and would rather ask you guys as looking on google is like peering up my own bottom :w00t: so here go's.. 1st off his teeth, he is chewing EVERYTHING and has already lost his 2 bottom front teeth. Is this normal? I have'nt been playing tough of war with him or anything he's done it himself!?? 2nd he has a loose tummy. I understand this is normal for pups but not sure the best way to deal with it or how much and what to feed as ive been told 2 different things by his breeder (7 years breeding) and the vet (7years study) so am a little confused! He currently eats puppy purina pro plan 2-3 times a day. Would really appreciate advice and please dont judge me as really did do my research but like i say google is un reliable. Thanks guys oh and btw he's had plain white rice tonight 1st meal in 24hours to try help his tummy.

Lee :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 147

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
What a cutie! Castor started losing his puppy teeth a bit later, but they fell out on their own when he was playing, and we would sometimes find them on the floor. Castor too had some issues with his tummy but James Wellbeloved lamb & rice was OK and he also did quite well on Acana. There is a page here on EBN with dog food ratings which might help you find a good food.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! Your baby is adorable…

Teething is extremely normal for bully pups, and we like to use Nylabones or elk antlers for them to chew on… do NOT give rawhide bones because they tend to try to swallow them and that can become a choking hazard. For loose stools you can give him a tablespoon of pure pumpkin (NOT pie filling) to help firm up his stools. I'm not sure if they list dog foods found in England, but you can check on the website www.dogfoodratings.com to see the best rated dog foods. Remember to take you time on the transition as to NOT upsetting his tummy further. I like to add 1/4cup of new kibble per day over a period of 5-7 days. In the meantime you can do a bland diet of rice and boiled chicken/sirloin until he starts to feel better. If you check our Home tab on the top left corner of the page, you will find many threads that are helpful to new bully owners. Good luck w/your baby and keep us posted!!!

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I wasn't sure if you could get pure Pumpkin in the UK (pumpkin is much more an American thing!) but I checked Tesco's website and they have it. It has to be 100% pumpkin. It is a must to have on hand as it helps with both runny poo's and too firm ones! I haven't had a puppy so can't tell you the amount to give him but I am sure others will be along to do that. He is lovely by the way! I second the warning about Rawhide. My American Bulldog choked on one and she was food aggressive so we had a tough time getting it out of her throat. Lesson learned. Rawhide would be banned if I had my way!
You will find the information on here invaluable, great forum.
Libbys 100% Pure Pumpkin Pie Filling 425G - Groceries - Tesco Groceries

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
What a cuuutie pie! He's a little bear. :heart:

Can't add much, the pumpkin and rice sounds spot on! It's been only a week and his tummy could still be adjusting to the new world around him.

Ask all the questions you need. Nobody here judges! Best of luck and congrats!

OP
G

GingerWinger

May 17, 2015
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
Aww thank you all for your kind words and help! He a real aint he, never had so many visitors lol what lovely dogs.. So so loving and well behaved! Im as proud as punch! :) xx

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site and he is a cutie pie. They do love to bite everything when they are pups, and he will outgrow this. As far as the loose tummy, that could be from the teething, the food he is on and even just feeding a little too much can cause it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN ..... what a cutie pie!

How much do you feed at each feeding? Also, being in the UK, you may want to look into James Well Beloved or Wainsright - as the UK members here tend to feed one of these two foods and say they are of higher quality

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.