Am new to the forum

walkil

May 15, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
yoyo
Am picking up my bulldog today what's a good puppy food for him that I could feed him

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
I would start out feeding what the breeder is feeding him for a week or so. Do some research and find a high quality food. I fed Winnie Orijen Puppy Food which has a 5 star rating. She has done very well on it and now eats the adult Orijen Six Fish. Most people here, I think, feed Fromm, which is also an excellent food. When you switch her food, start slowly by mixing 3 parts of the old food to 1 part of the new food for a couple of days. Then mix 2 parts old with 2 parts new for a couple of days, then 3 parts new with one part old for two days, and finally all new food. It should take about a week to transition. You want to change the food gradually to avoid the stomach upset or diarrhea that would likely happen if you switch it all at once.

Puppies can sometimes have diarrhea when they come to a new home because it is stressful for them. It's something to keep an eye on, because it's not uncommon for them to have parasites which can also cause diarrhea. Your vet will get a handle on that when you take him for his first check-up. It wouldn't hurt to give Yoyo a probiotic with his food to help with digestion. I use Fortiflora, but you should check with your vet.

Welcome to EBN and congratulations on your new baby! Post some pictures soon!

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
Welcome! Can't wait to see pics!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome tot he forum and I agree, feed what the breeder is feeding for a few weeks, then do a slow change to the food of your choice. We feed ours FROMM Puppy Gold in the pink bag.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! We fed our babies Fromm puppy gold…

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: and congrats on your new baby! We feed Fromm Puppy Prairie Gold w/red meat

Most Reactions