Christine213

May 14, 2015
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
gabby
\xzToday was fill with sorrow and joy. The sorrow was due to the death of my neighbor and the joy was a new addition of his English Bulldog to my family. This is the first time of taking care of a Bulldog and have been reading all day of the daily care, etc. So I am expecting the drool, the heavy breathing, possible health issues, poopy bums and the importance of daily walks and daily grooming. But, there is one thing Im a bit nervous about and that is while she is sleeping she is breathing so rapidly and I cant find information to see if this is normal. I am not sure of Gabby's age but I am thinking she is approx. 6 years old. Can someone give me some input with my concern?

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
She could be stressed due to the loss of her owner and new environment. If it doesn't improve soon, I would make a vet appt. Welcome to EBN. Maybe you could get a video so we could see her breathing? Where in NY are you? I am on Long Island.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome to EBN .... sorry for the loss of your neighbor.

Gabby can be stressed as Rosalie stated... Bulldogs tend to not like change and get stressed easily. A video would be great so we can give better advice.

OP
C

Christine213

May 14, 2015
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
gabby
She could be stressed due to the loss of her owner and new environment. If it doesn't improve soon, I would make a vet appt. Welcome to EBN. Maybe you could get a video so we could see her breathing? Where in NY are you? I am on Long Island.

Thank you so much for a quick response~~~~~I was thinking the same thing perhaps the death was a great loss to him and then being in my new house...I do hope the sweet girl relaxes soon, I will keep you updated. I am in Western NY, South of Buffalo, ---Thank you for letting me in the group!~~chris

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Hi @Christine213, how very kind of you to take in your neighbor's EB. This must be such an adjustment for Gabby (and for you!), and I too wouldn't be surprised that she's undergoing stress and likely grieving for her past owner. Thanku for opening your home and your heart to her. Looking forward to hearing more of Gabby and seeing pictures soon.

:welcome2:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:EBNwelcome:So good of you to give Gabby a home.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! So sorry to hear about your neighbor, but I'm glad that you adopted your new baby. We would love to see a pic of her… heavy breathing w/bullies is extremely normal but she could be stressed w/all the changes in her environment.

OP
C

Christine213

May 14, 2015
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
gabby
Thank you all for your warm welcomes. Gabby did fantastic through the night. Her breathing has seemed to calm which makes me very happy. I plan on making her an appointment with the vet anyways just to ensure she is getting all she needs. I will submit photos soon to share!

OP
C

Christine213

May 14, 2015
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
gabby
Thank you so much. I plan on submitting photos soon!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for your kindness!

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
sign0016.gif
to EBN. Glad you found this site. Plenty of knowledgeable folks who can answer your bully questions.

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Welcome from NJ!

Sorry to hear of your neighbor's passing. How wonderful of you to take her in though.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.