rayneman

Feb 23, 2015
Rocky River, Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Hi, new member here from Ohio. My family recently picked up our new girl, Lucy. She was born early December and we brought her home at the end of February. Time has certainly flown since we first got her. Dad is AKC English and Mom is 1/2 English and 1/2 Olde English, so I guess that makes Lucy 3/4 English and 1/4 Olde. Lucy was 14 lbs when we got her and is now 26 lbs. Here she is on her first day home:
DEB17F6A-B981-4082-A4E0-74A0BD04E713_zpsddhepn54.jpg

Life was rough for awhile...we also have a 2 year-old female, Rottweiler/Shepherd mix. They didn't get along at first but things are getting better. I had hoped they would be buddies, but it does not look that way. They are pretty much able to be around each other unsupervised now, but Lucy sometimes get "bitey" and that's where things go south. Of course the biting/chewing is a puppy thing, so we are hopeful that this will resolve itself in time.

Lucy also suffered from terrible diarrhea, which our vet said could take 6 mos. to resolve!!! However, we found what appears to be the right food, and for a couple of weeks now, things have been solid...I will never take solid poop for granted again!!! What a difference.

Aside from these difficulties, Lucy is delightful and we adore her. She is a very funny little dog and is loving and social. She has a ton of personality even at 5 mos. or so. She is sleeping on my lap as I type this. However, she's getting pretty heavy, so at some point this lap thing will be very difficult!! :D

Here she is currently:

5EBCABA6-3C36-4EA2-A82F-4DEC8597E325_zpsj7bayaco.jpg

Anyway, all is good. I am excited to see her grow up...I am dying to find out what she's going to end up looking like with the 1/4 Olde English...she already appears a bit longer than pictures I've seen of other English Bulldogs at her age. I am thinking she's going to be a big girl.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Hi, new member here from Ohio. My family recently picked up our new girl, Lucy. She was born early December and we brought her home at the end of February. Time has certainly flown since we first got her. Dad is AKC English and Mom is 1/2 English and 1/2 Olde English, so I guess that makes Lucy 3/4 English and 1/4 Olde. Lucy was 14 lbs when we got her and is now 26 lbs. Here she is on her first day home:
View attachment 86779

Life was rough for awhile...we also have a 2 year-old female, Rottweiler/Shepherd mix. They didn't get along at first but things are getting better. I had hoped they would be buddies, but it does not look that way. They are pretty much able to be around each other unsupervised now, but Lucy sometimes get "bitey" and that's where things go south. Of course the biting/chewing is a puppy thing, so we are hopeful that this will resolve itself in time.

Lucy also suffered from terrible diarrhea, which our vet said could take 6 mos. to resolve!!! However, we found what appears to be the right food, and for a couple of weeks now, things have been solid...I will never take solid poop for granted again!!! What a difference.

Aside from these difficulties, Lucy is delightful and we adore her. She is a very funny little dog and is loving and social. She has a ton of personality even at 5 mos. or so. She is sleeping on my lap as I type this. However, she's getting pretty heavy, so at some point this lap thing will be very difficult!! :D

Here she is currently:

View attachment 86780

Anyway, all is good. I am excited to see her grow up...I am dying to find out what she's going to end up looking like with the 1/4 Olde English...she already appears a bit longer than pictures I've seen of other English Bulldogs at her age. I am thinking she's going to be a big girl.

Welcome to you & Lucy!! Let me just say, he is BEAUTIFUL. I love her coloring :) -- I think once she grows out of the puppy phase, they will be best buds :) Its a whole other breed your dealing with now, welcome to land of stubborn! Glad you found a good option for food! You'll love the site & all the members here. Oh, and the sleeping on your lap part? My Tyson weighs 78lbs, and he's still in my lap! Haha.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:welcome:to EBN! Lucy is very pretty! After she gets her second teeth-and you have worked her "no bite!" I think in time your dogs will be best buds! Most grown dogs forget that they were pups once, and then they say "homey don't play dat!" Those puppy teeth hurt, as we all know, and in time the puppy biting stops, and then things will calm down and the older sis will be much happier with Lucy!

OP
rayneman

rayneman

Feb 23, 2015
Rocky River, Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Welcome to you & Lucy!! Let me just say, he is BEAUTIFUL. I love her coloring :) -- I think once she grows out of the puppy phase, they will be best buds :) Its a whole other breed your dealing with now, welcome to land of stubborn! Glad you found a good option for food! You'll love the site & all the members here. Oh, and the sleeping on your lap part? My Tyson weighs 78lbs, and he's still in my lap! Haha.

Thanks, she looks like she's just black and white, but her legs have brown on them along with her little butt.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
She is a BEAUTY! I think she'll be a big girl too by the looks of those mitts, gorgeous girl. Welcome to EBN!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site, and she is adorable. I'm sure once she gets older, they will be best buds.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! Lucy is adorable, and I just love her lil' ears… Lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a great intro!

:welcome3: to EBN.... Lucy is a beauty!

Diamondly8

Apr 29, 2015
Texas!
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Cupcake!
She is beautiful! I just joined to and very excited, I'll be getting my little cupcake this Saturday!

OP
rayneman

rayneman

Feb 23, 2015
Rocky River, Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
I hope this works...here's a little video of Lucy playing with our kitchen garbage can of all things.

I love this dog.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Lucy's a little rascal, isn't she? Great video and I can really see how much joy she brings into your life. Such a cutie pie!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.