Newest video of drogo at the beach:

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Love it! Beautiful video, and that Drogo is such a handsome boy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
riuthamus

riuthamus

Apr 22, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Drogo
Thanks, he is doing well. He developed a new rash, I am worried but I will post about that in another place.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Thanks, he is doing well. He developed a new rash, I am worried but I will post about that in another place.

Also include pics - and if it was after being at the beach for the first time.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
[MENTION=14090]riuthamus[/MENTION] Great video!

Regarding the rash- the first time we took Blue to the beach (he was 4 months old) he also got a rash. It was the salt water. They need to be rinsed off as soon as you're done with the beach.
After that incident, we always bought a gallon of water with us and lots of towels. Wet the towels with the water and give him a good rub down to get all the salt water off.

OP
riuthamus

riuthamus

Apr 22, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Drogo
I certainly hope that is the case. We are watching him closely, right now the rash was bleeding and scabbed over but it seems to be healing. If it gets worse we will take him to the vet.

OP
riuthamus

riuthamus

Apr 22, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Drogo
drogoCart.png

My wife made this one weekend so that we could wash the dogs without them moving around in the sink!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Um, I don't know about that, it looks very uncomfortable. He looks like he's being pulled :/ is it just the pic?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
View attachment 88469

My wife made this one weekend so that we could wash the dogs without them moving around in the sink!

My #1 advice I give to all puppy families is to make bathtime a very happy experience so they will love it.... you know by talking baby talk and such, it will make the next 100 baths you give so much more pleasureable! Lots of baby talk and lovings, try not to get frustrated and if you are don't show it!

....so my heartfelt advice to you both is to not use something like this as they will probably hate bath time. It only takes a one second mistake and there could be a serious accident, and it just looks scary (I always try to imagine myself in the shoes of the pup to imagine the world around them), and that would make me piss my pants.

They do make a bath tub that is for outdoors, that I do have myself, and even that has it's own safety issues but it would be worth looking into. It's called a 'booster bath" and it's great! Saves my back from hovering over the tub during the nice weather.

Now are the pups named after game of thrones? I'm just watching season 1 now, on episode 6!

OP
riuthamus

riuthamus

Apr 22, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Drogo
Um, I don't know about that, it looks very uncomfortable. He looks like he's being pulled :/ is it just the pic?

It is not tight at all, in fact the straps are 100% adjustable and are made of an elastic material. It is adjustable for the neck and hips as well because both of our dogs are different body shapes!

OP
riuthamus

riuthamus

Apr 22, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Drogo
My #1 advice I give to all puppy families is to make bathtime a very happy experience so they will love it.... you know by talking baby talk and such, it will make the next 100 baths you give so much more pleasureable! Lots of baby talk and lovings, try not to get frustrated and if you are don't show it!

....so my heartfelt advice to you both is to not use something like this as they will probably hate bath time. It only takes a one second mistake and there could be a serious accident, and it just looks scary (I always try to imagine myself in the shoes of the pup to imagine the world around them), and that would make me piss my pants.

They do make a bath tub that is for outdoors, that I do have myself, and even that has it's own safety issues but it would be worth looking into. It's called a 'booster bath" and it's great! Saves my back from hovering over the tub during the nice weather.

Now are the pups named after game of thrones? I'm just watching season 1 now, on episode 6!

We never have a problem with them. From time to time they try to escape (in the kitchen sink) but its quickly fixed with a corrective action or two.

As for the washstand, we have seen it used in many places for prof dog shows and it can also help to support proper stance. We have already washed both of them on there and while it looks small it is rather large. We have debated on adding small rails to the side just for extra protection but you would have to be seriously negligent to allow them to fall.

Yes, we did name our pups after game of thrones, our female is named Khaleesi, Mother of Bullies :p

OP
riuthamus

riuthamus

Apr 22, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Drogo
sleeptime.jpgpeeonbed01.jpg

Some pictures of Drogo during sleeptime. One he pee'd on the bed and then went to sleep after we were doing the laundry! (we have a pee resistant cover under the sheets!) The other is him sleeping on momma after the incident was over.

OP
riuthamus

riuthamus

Apr 22, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Drogo
Hm.. i will have to show that to the wife and see what she thinks.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.