Rosario Accardi

Mar 11, 2015
NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Bigglessworth
Good morning all. I was wondering which dog food is the best ( i know i started a war with this conversation lol) and which toys to keep him occupied since i am at work and he is home alone. Lastly any suggestions regarding a great Veterinarian for this particular breed in Suffolk Long island, NY.

OP
R

Rosario Accardi

Mar 11, 2015
NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Bigglessworth
Perfect i got Merrick as his food now but i notice he likes to roll around in the dirt and snow and always swipes his face. Not sure why though

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
The best in my opinion is home made raw. Second best is commercial Raw.

If you don't want to do that- here's a good starting point: English Bulldog News Forums - English Bulldog Food And Nutrition

and here's another link that lists foods: English Bulldog News Forums - Dog Food Ratings at English Bulldog News

Many here feed Fromms (the grain free line).

Regarding vets, [MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION] is on Long Island, don't know if she's in suffolk though. Can't think of anyone else right now that can help.
Did you try Long Island Bulldog Rescue? They have a group on FB. You can post your vet question there and you'll get a ton of responses.

You can also check here: http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/your-bulldog-s-health/442-veterinarian-recommendations.html

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! Here is another site for great food ratings Dog Food Reviews and Ratings | Dog Food Advisor I feed my bully Fromm's, but I have also used Earthborne Holistic and Nature's Variety raw patties. It's really up to your personal choice, how much you want to spend on food, and which food your baby tolerates.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Good morning all. I was wondering which dog food is the best ( i know i started a war with this conversation lol) and which toys to keep him occupied since i am at work and he is home alone. Lastly any suggestions regarding a great Veterinarian for this particular breed in Suffolk Long island, NY.

Hi Rosario, and welcome to EBN to you and Mr. Bigglesworth.

There are many great foods out there and every bully is different in what they tolerate. It's really trial and error to find a food that is both a good quality and your bully tolerates. Many EB's are allergic or sensitive to chicken and sometimes salmon, and grains. A great place to start is to visit the Dog Food Ratings on the Home Page, you want to choose a 4 Star food or better and one that is grain free. Some examples of good quality foods are Fromms, Wellness, Arcana, Orijen, and Blue Buffalo. Stay away from brands like Purina, Iams, and Beneful and generally any foods that you find at the grocery store or at big brand stores like Walmart.

English Bulldog News Forums - Dog Food Ratings at English Bulldog News

English Bulldog News Forums - Welcoming Home Your New English Bulldog Puppy

We can only give our guys Kong toys because they chew, eat and swallow anything else. They can't have any soft toys, toys with squeakers, soft balls, tennis balls because they eat the fluffy stuff off of them, and they can't have stuffed animals as they eat and swallow them. Most EB's are chewers and are capable of chewing really hard materials, but not all will eat or swallow them. You have to observe how your bully plays with his toys, some can have stuffed animals and will only snuggle and suckle them while others will just pull them apart and have the stuffing everywhere while others will swallow them stuffing and all, which can cause choking and obstruction dangers. I would observe your bully with some toys and always supervise him until you know what he can safely play with. Don't leave him alone with toys that he could choke on. You can safely leave him with Kong balls, and Kong balls.

I can't suggest any vets as I live in Canada, so I am not familiar with any in the states, but I'm sure someone in your area will come along soon and will be able to give you suggestions. I hope to see more of you and Mr Big on here, and please share more pictures of him.

OP
R

Rosario Accardi

Mar 11, 2015
NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Bigglessworth
Thank you all for the wonderful info. I also noticed he has been shedding a lot and not sure if that's normal
b10e108f60155d7a942f12b7229e4bb9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
They shed their coats a couple of times a year so this is probably perfectly normal. As long as you don't see any bald spots and he's not itching, I wouldn't worry about it. At least not yet.

Miss Lola

Sep 25, 2014
Maple Ridge
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola, Floyd
I agree on the shedding, I think most dogs are starting to shed their winter coats right now, I know both of mine are.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.