its all new to me, is my puppy ok ?

OP
dollydreameruk

dollydreameruk

Feb 1, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Dolly day dream
Dolly is a cutie! That tail looks sore! Was it like that when you got her? Or did it get that way since you brought her home? The way that looks, she's probably pretty miserable. I would contact the Bully vet and see what he thinks. Welcome to our group!!

we got her friday and we noticed the discharge on saturday, by sunday it was really smelly and she saw the vet on monday, but by that point it was bad, the breeder states she never noticed it before but it must have been starting before she got here. im booking her in a bully vet tomorrow x

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
Aweee.....poor girl! She sure is cute! I hope she gets to feeling better real soon! Her little ole tail area has to be sore! That is probably why she is not too playful...if my tail looked like that i wouldn't play either :p. Glad you got her to the vet and hopefully she is on the mend. Keep us updated and WELCOME! You will love it here.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Yowtch! That tail does look sore!

Can I ask if you think that Dolly is walking and moving around normally?

I ask because one of the first signs I had when my puppy was having hip problems (that I did not recognize) was a reluctance to be in a standing position for very long, which often included him not wanting to run around or play much sometimes.

It's something to consider since it definitely sounds like something is wrong. Puppies are almost always happy and running around unless there is something wrong.

mom2bullies

May 29, 2010
Auburn,WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chesty, Cadence and baby Echo and Mello (Delta)
Did your vet give you any ointment for her tail? What did he say it was? Just wondering as once our pup got staff infection on her tail.... they shaved it, but no sedation... Just wondering....Hope she feels better soon and welcome to the best site on the internet.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Just checking in to see how Dolly is doing. Her little tail looked so bad, did the vet have you wash it regularly? I would think a cleansing a couple days would help. She is such a cute little girl, I hope she is back to normal real soon.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh my, her tail does look very sore, poor baby. On a side note she is adorable and your pug is just so cute too!!! As for finding the bully vet, you may want to use him for the pug too if you have anything serious as far as needing surgery etc. All smooshy nose pups need to have a good vet who knows the breed so that is something to keep in mind. Please let us know what the bully vet says about how your baby is.

Oh we have tutorials on how to make avatars etc. Profile pics are the pic that shows up in your profile and avatars are what show up in your post. (along with signatures also)
http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...rs/476-tutorial-customizing-your-profile.html

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I sure hope she is doing better, that tail looks very painful!

OP
dollydreameruk

dollydreameruk

Feb 1, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Dolly day dream
hi all thank you so much for your replies, dolly is like a different doggie now ! she has been having her antibiotics and cream on her bum, and it has cleared lovel, it still looks a little red but not excoriated and no puss or discharge ! im so relieved thank you all so much, having not had a bully before i knew nothing about thier tempremants or behaiviours, but shes running round my garden wit my pug lovely, playing tug of war with him and being very affectionate now ! thank you for getting back to me

lou x

L

Lucy-licious

So glad to hear that Dolly is feeling better and that her poor tail is improving :)

ILuvHudson

Jan 19, 2011
PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hudson
Aww, I felt for you reading this post! I'm glad Dolly is doing better - she's adorable!
I'm a new bullie owner too (since the end of August) and I still find myself not knowing all the answers. Right around the time I found the forums, we changed Hudson's food for a skin infection and I felt horrible for not keeping up on it better, but it's hard to learn without experience sometimes!
I definitely remember after play periods, Hudson would sleep and sleep! Aww, bully pups!
Welcome to the forums! I hope they're as helpful to you as they were to me!!!

Bella Cows Mama

Feb 4, 2011
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella Cow
It could be a mixture of stress and her not feeling well. When we first got Bella she wasn't very active and ended up getting a cold from the stress of traveling to us. It took a little while, but she eventually came out of her shell and is very active now. You'd be surprised how easy dogs can get stressed in new situations and how it effects them in different ways. My other dog Bindi got very sick looking and drooled excessively when Bella was introduded into our home. It lasted for a week and I was so worried something was wrong with her.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.