LadySheya

Mar 1, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Judge and Gypsy
Thanks for the add! I used to feed RAW to my golden retrievers for many years. It did wonders for their teeth, ear yeast and of course overall health. I have been supporting RAW for years. Last year we bought our first English Bulldog. Well my heart has been flipped inside out. He makes me giggle everyday. My whole soul adores my boy Judge. English bulldogs are so sensitive to many things that once we had a kibble the breeder was happy with along with us, we stuck to it strictly. Even a small piece of crust from bread can set off stinky eyes/ears and itching. As of last week, we have now added our second English Bulldog girl named Gypsy. I still have my old Golden boy Chaos who is just over 10. I want to put Judge on RAW but am sooo afraid of the brachycephalic issues they have. Now he is in perfect helth and comes from a great strong bloodline, however I have heard a few RAW supporters tell me "only one emergency visit" due to the small opening combined with the large BARF bites. I agree that pre-packaged is an option but one of the most influential benefits of RAW is the chewing and teeth. I dont want them on ground. I opted for smaller cuts like necks,etc, but dont figure he'd chew them enough NOT to gag. I guess I am just needing some assurances and support from other EB owners on what to watch for. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20150226_223104.jpg
    IMG_20150226_223104.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 140

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi and welcome to EBN to you and Judge and Gypsy. I love their names. You will love it on this site. You'll,find lots of great information, forums and lots of great people who are always willing to answer your questions, give advice, and share their experiences. Where in Ontario are you from? I live in Burlington, ON. Maybe we'll meet at a bully meet up one day.
I hope to see more of you and your babies on here, and please share lots of pictures of them.

I don't have any experience with raw feeding, but I'm sure some members who do, will be along soon to offer some advice. I know Riisi feeds her guys raw, I have tagged her for you.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Hi and Welcome to EBN.

I'm afraid I don't understand your question? But there's nothing wrong with feeding RAW to a bulldog even though they're a brachycephalic breed. In fact, quite a few here do. There's a RAW forum here when you can start a thread and post questions.

I fed my bulldog commercial raw (stella and chewys) for about 6 months. In the end, we didn't see any improvement with his allergies so took him off. Since Blues allergies are environmental, and we now have a second bulldog, I've decided to go back to raw in the next few months. Plus I'll finally have the room to buy meat in bulk.

Personally, I loved it when Blue was on it, he had very defined muscle tone and was very energetic.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN .... I tagged a few members that few raw and can help you with any questions, but if you have the time and knowledge -- go for it!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site and glad you joined us. We feed kibble, so I'm no help on the raw.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.