We just picked up our new bulldog today! Hello from GA :)

OliviaB

Feb 18, 2015
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Belle
Hello everyone! My name is Olivia and I live in Georgia. I cannot begin to tell you how thrilled I am to be here! My husband and I have wanted an English Bulldog for literally fifteen years. It's always been something that we took very seriously so we did our homework. To make a long story short, we finally decided that the timing was perfect. Our two boys aren't babies anymore (ages 7 and 4) and my husband is home 24/7 due to an injury he sustained at work. I carefully started searching, fully anticipating that it could take a long time to find the perfect puppy and breeder. I was wrong! My first choice of a breeder just happened to have a beautiful 9 month old female that loved kids, was already crate trained, house trained, and fully vetted. I fell in love with her picture two days ago so this afternoon we loaded up the SUV and drove a few hours to go visit her. It was love at first sight. There was no way we could leave without her :rolleyes: We made a pit stop at Petsmart on the way home to load up on supplies and she's been making herself at home. She's absolutely our dream dog. I feel like someone needs to pinch me! We think her name is going to be Belle but I'm open to suggestions. I can't wait to learn more and get to know everyone :)

Winking at us as we were about to head home

Tired pup!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:welcome:to EBN! and best wishes to you and your new gal! She looks great, and right at home already!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:welcome4:Hi and welcome to EBN. Congratulations on your new baby, she is gorgeous. I too waited a long time for my EB, and ended up with two, because we went to see our male Bulldozer but his sister was the last one there and we fell in love with her too, and couldn't leave her behind. We named her Blossom. You will love it on this site, there are lots of excellent articles and forums to read, and there's always a member willing to answer your questions, give advice, listen and share their experiences. This is an exciting time bringing home your new puppy. I hope to see more of you on here and please share lots of pictures.

Some girls names that we liked when we were naming Blossom are:

We liked Bella too, its a pretty name, Ariel, Zoey, Bianca, Fallon, Ladybug, Chloe, Isabella (Izzy), Daisy, Scarlett, Charlotte (Charlie), Harley, Roxie, Willow, Violet, Tonka, and Tanka. Whatever you name her she's beautiful.

Miss Lola

Sep 25, 2014
Maple Ridge
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola, Floyd
Beautiful girl she is. My husband and I were in love with bulldogs for many many years as well but the timing was always off. Finally it was right and we got our little girl Lola and she melted our hearts so we went back 7 weeks later and picked up her half brother Floyd. Congrats on your new baby and welcome to EBN. She really does look right at home.

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
She is a beauty! Congratulations on your dream come true. I have an 8 month old girl named Winnie. I've had girl bullies named Daisy, Rosie and Annie. I like feminine flowery names for girls. I considered naming Winnie either Gussy or Poppy. I'm sure you'll think of a great one! Welcome to EBN!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Belle is perfect! Welcome to EBN. I am so happy you researched and waited until the best time for your family to have your sweet baby. It really does make all the difference when you are ready for the bully experience!! lol

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Welcome!! She is just precious, what a beautiful baby! It sounds like she will have a wonderful home & family as well. Hugs!

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Welcome! She's adorable. I love the name Belle for her! 9 months is a good age, you'll still get to bond with her as a puppy but you'll miss that ever so fun, "is my puppy a shark or a bulldog please stop nipping me and chewing everything" stage.

OP
OliviaB

OliviaB

Feb 18, 2015
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Belle
Thank you everyone! We are so thrilled to have her. She seems to have the ideal bulldog personality. So far she's very laid back and affectionate, but she also has her playful moments. We have settled on the name "Belle" for her (like Beauty and the Beast). My 7 year old son actually named her and we think it's perfect. We are in the south so she can be our southern belle :) We have her AKC papers so now we have to come up with a registered name. HELP lol.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Lady Anne T. Bellum? (extra points if you like the singer...lol)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.