TallulahsMom

Feb 8, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tallulah
Hello! I'm Nicole, but as of yesterday I became mom to Tallulah, an adorable 11 week old English Bulldog. I've never owned a bulldog, so I'm making myself a sponge to soak up all the information I can. I am crate training her. Last night was our first night. She had her last meal and water at 7pm. Went potty outside at 810. And was in her crate at 11pm. 230 am wake up to potty and then back in the crate. She cried for about 15 minutes each time I put her in the crate. We've been up this morning since 530 ate at 7. She's been going non stop ever since lol.

Attachments

• IMG_20150208_065758.jpg
    IMG_20150208_065758.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 56

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN! Congrats on your new baby girl -- she is adorable!

You are getting it started right... schedule is everything when training.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:smileywelcome:Nicole and Tallulah! Tallulah is a very pretty girl! You will be happy that you have joined!:yes:

OP
T

TallulahsMom

Feb 8, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tallulah
Thanks for the welcome everyone! I was wondering what everyone's schedule door their pups were? I've read so many different articles that basically all say something different. How many times do you feed your babies a day? How long should she be sleeping during the day? She's only slept 2 hours today, not including last night's sleep) but now it's 650 and she's out, I worry is going to effect her sleeping ability tonight.

Miss Lola

Sep 25, 2014
Maple Ridge
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola, Floyd
Welcome Nicole and Tallulah. My two are still pups themselves 4 & 6 months so I remember the first days very well. We feed them 3 times a day. We tried 4 but found it a bit of a pain and not consistent with timing. They slept a lot ( still do ) during the day and evening and it didn't seem to bother their night sleeping. Basically they would play really hard and then pass out, wake up and repeat the cycle. I would think she should probably be sleeping more than 2 hours a day and probably will as she settles in. Everything will be so new to her still with you. Congrats on your new baby girl, she is beautiful.

OP
T

TallulahsMom

Feb 8, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tallulah
Welcome Nicole and Tallulah. My two are still pups themselves 4 & 6 months so I remember the first days very well. We feed them 3 times a day. We tried 4 but found it a bit of a pain and not consistent with timing. They slept a lot ( still do ) during the day and evening and it didn't seem to bother their night sleeping. Basically they would play really hard and then pass out, wake up and repeat the cycle. I would think she should probably be sleeping more than 2 hours a day and probably will as she settles in. Everything will be so new to her still with you. Congrats on your new baby girl, she is beautiful.
thank you. She's sleeping right now, we went potty and she put her front paws on my leg when I was sitting in the chair so I picked her up and she passed right out. She hasn't really ate today, not like I imagined she would, but like you said everything is still so new.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.