Hi from the New Jersey

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Hi everyone! I'm very happy to have found this site - My little Chunk man has already benefitted from the wonderful wealth of information on here! (Just that I haven't had much time to post, so this is my first post!) So here's our story.

My husband and I have wanted an English Bulldog for a long time (he's wanted one since he was 4 years old!). We have tried to rescue (the price of a puppy was just too much for us) and have gotten zero response to our multiple applications. One day, our good friend called and asked if we were interested in adopting his friend's English Bulldog. (He knew what our answer would be before he called :) ) She could no longer care for him - so now here we are! I've changed his diet (based on recommendations from friends and things I've read on here) and his skin has gotten so much better! No more tear stains and no infections since the second month we had him! Our only lasting problem at this point is Entropion ... which we are going to an opthamologist asap.

Chunk is the most loving, fun, sweet, happy dog. And SUCH a Mama's boy! He is a perfect addition to our family and he loves his sister very much! He's also a little bit of a celebrity ... he was in 3 magazines. :) Thankfully he didn't get a big head ... well not any bigger than it already is! :lol:

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm definitely going to upload a few ... I have some GREAT ones from our wedding! Check out my signature too :)

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Welcome to the site. So glad your husband got his bully, he was a smart kid from age 4 on!! I am excited to see photos of our celebrity bully. Don't forget we have a photo of the month contest for you to enter. Also add your food before and after story! Again welcome to the addiction.

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
Welcome to the forum!! We are glad to have
you here and can't wait to see more pictures.
What food did you switch him to?

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
I switched him from Royal Canin Bulldog food (the one for 2 years and older) to Blue Buffalo Chicken and Rice. I have a few friends who use it and love it - he also gets string beans and canned pumpkin to help fill his belly and ease his digestion! You can see his tear stains in the pics from my wedding ... I'll post a few more recent ones that show that they are all gone. :)

Here's the link to my album ...
http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/members/chunksmama-albums-chunk.html

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Wow he is amazing! He looks like a bully I see advertising those photo contests on facebook. Maybe it is him!?

Welcome to the site, glad you switched to BLUE, I know it is a good food, but I do hear mixed reviews on it. Mainly I believe it has something to do with not sticking to the same protein source so the food is changing every bag you buy. But glad you are off Royal Canine, I did try that and it was awful. The funny thing is they say it helps with gas, but yet my bullies had the worst gas of their life on it! :eek: And the tear stains were horrible. Just horrible.

Hope you post more often and share your handsome boy and crazy stories with us! :up:

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks so much for the warm welcome everyone! And thanks desertsky - he really is handsome and the best behaved boy ever! Minus the fact that he's spoiled and pawing at my arm right now to scratch his belly!

I'll definitely be posting more ... Next I need to see more opinions on the Entropion eye surgery :(

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Welcome to our group! You will soon be addicted, like the rest of us! I really enjoyed your album, love his bow-tie! I really love his markings, too. Hope to see lots more pics of your handsome boy!

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you! I will share as many pics as possible since I take pics of him pretty much all the time! Wish there was an iPhone app for EBN ... then it would be much easier to post! :) I don't get much time on the computer because I'm so tired at the end of the day!

FridayGt

Jan 22, 2011
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie
Welcome! I'll be just south of you in DE here in a few weeks. I just saw the pics of the Chunk and what a freaking handsome little guy he is! Absolutely adorable. My favorite's are defenitely the Bow Tie ones!

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks so much! I am only about an hour and a half from DE, we're practically neighbors! :lol:

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks so much! So happy to have a place to go that is so full of useful information about my baby boy! His health is my priority as I am still getting to know him (we got him in July) and this site has been a HUGE help!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.