Hi from the New Jersey

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
Welcome. Chunk is such a handsome bully! I'm battling tear stains with Brodie so would love to know if you did anything other than changing his diet, etc. We have him on great food so I don't think that is what is causing it for him especially since my other bullie is on same food and she does not have tear stains. She did but we think that was from holiday "junk" food that family gave her.

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Chunk's previous Mommy used to give him a tums every day and swore that it worked ... She said that someone told her it was something about balancing the acidity! I don't know the real truth behind it but it's something worth a try! The other thing I've noticed it the treats - I read the ingredients and try to match what is in his food. A lot of these treats are full of junk! My favorite is Benny Bully's Pumpkin Chops and Chips. It's literally freeze dried pumpkin (and nothing else)! It's great for many reasons - they are only a few calories a piece so I can train him with them, they help with the digestion (and gas!) and aren't expensive. They don't carry them at Petco or Petsmart, I found them at Pet Valu but I think that's a Northeast only store. Hope this helps!!

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
Welcome! So glad you and Chunk joined! He's such a handsome guy! I'm a sucker for a bully with a tongue hangin out! Congrats on the wedding also!

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks much Angelgirl! 2010 was a wonderful year for our family between Chunk coming to us in July and the wedding in September! PS - I like your quote ... we want another bully very badly!!! My only thinking is that Chunk might not like sharing the attention. LOL. Although he LOVES to play with all dogs, big and small! :)

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
I just realized I titled this "Hi from the New Jersey" ... duh. I orginally wrote "Hi from the Jersey Shore" and realized I don't want to be associated with how they act on that show! Just annoyed at myself that I didn't proofread before I posted ... I am a big of a gramma/spelling freak. :lol:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Welcome! Love the pics of Chunk and his name!

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks LariP!

Momma2Bullet

Jan 15, 2011
NE Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullet {booboo}
welcome and congrats on your wonderful happenings in 2010! Chunk is so squishy-cute with that tongue hanging out. :luv:

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks so much!!! :)

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks Lacey!!! I have to get a video of the once in a while he gets it inside his mouth ... it doesn't stay there very long so it looks like he's sticking his tongue out at you when it pops back out! Gets me every time!

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Hi from California and welcome! I just had to post to tell you that Chunk is such an adorable and handsome boy!! And I LOVE his name!! Is it from the general chunkiness of bulldogs ... or maybe from the Goonies? :D He is just too cute! All the pictures in your album are great! And congrats on your wedding!

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks so much. He's named after the Goonies. :up: It was his name when we got him over the summer and we love it (and he was already 2 1/2 years old) so we kept it! There shall be many more pictures to follow - it's much more enjoyable posting them on here since everyone loves them. My friends think I'm crazy when I post them on FB. :lol: I just can't get enough of him! He's not only my first EB but my first dog too! This is such a wonderful experience for my entire family, we all love him so much! It's so cute, when Julia (who's 12) leaves for school, he goes in her room looking for her. Love it!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Welcome to EBN! Love that he was named after Chunk in the Goonies, I love that movie. And that is so awesome that you were able to adopt him and give him such a loving home. His markings remind me alot of my Samson, LOVE it!!!! Needless to say I then that I think he is SUPER handsome!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.