Jan 17, 2015
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Not yet
Hi:newhere:

Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Robin and I'm currently EB less. :(
But this is only temporary. Last December I was sitting alone trying in vain to temped one of my two black male DSH cats onto the sofa with me while I watched TV when I realized that this will happen ever winter while my partner in crime, David, went onto his snow removal night shifts. I felt really depressed. A few weeks later I was helping a friend move when I hurt my knee. Useless for the move I spent three days dog sitting their 8 month old Pit Bull. I love my friend's dogs but have always considered myself a cat lover.

Well those three days really opened my eyes. Yes growing up we had dogs but all my adult life I never had the want to be a dog owner. Unfortunately my dislike of dogs was fostered by my mother who always put her dogs and foster dogs about her own children and grandchildren but since she stopped being a part of my life, I've been able to grow and experience things, like part time dog ownership, with cautious baby steps.

After that experience I started to take notice of the dogs my friends had, my neighbors and random people at work or while I'm out walking. One little lass down the road stole my heart and you guessed it, a beautiful EB.

I've always been a big adoption person. Sadly our only EB rescue here gets few EBs and more FBs. I was worried I'd never be able to have my own fart snuggle as my breeder list was (what I thought) would be an impossible to fill.

They had to be a home based CKC registered small time breeder. One that bred to better the health issues, not make them worse. One that didn't breed for shows. One that believed in a good diet. And finally one that worked with known rescues.

I started my searched online via Kijiji. I found a few that where registered but didn't meet half of my list. Then I found one and didn't hesitate to contact them. We've talked a little and I started my life changing plan. You see, I live in a small 1000sq ft town house with some pet restrictions. So after talking with my partner I sought out a second job and we are now following our goal. step 1 is to save enough for first months rent and damage deposit to rent a house that allows our current pets and the dog, then we need enough for the pup and a good $1000 for the first years vet costs. Since our lease is up Feb 2016, we decided to wait out the year, save during that time and when we move and get adjusted we can get our puppy.

So now you know the plan, I'm here to learn as much as I can during that year and this forum is full of information. I'm sure I'll have a million questions and I hope you all don't mind ;).

I look forward to meeting everyone.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
Hi! Welcome! We got our Lola from a home breeder in Canada. Good job on taking the necessary steps to get a good home and bully fund for your new family member! Ask away, we're very happy to help. :)

sent from my droid mini

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:welcome4:You have set a great goal for yourself! Hang in there!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a fantastic introduction and story! I LOVE your plan and wish you the best of luck with it all. Ask any and all questions - it is why we are here... to help and enjoy watching them play and grow with you.

:welcome3: to EBN

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Welcome to EBN, you have a wonderful goal and looking forward to your future pup!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN… we are here to help so just ask away!!! Lol

MARY BARNES

Aug 27, 2013
Country
CANADA
Bulldog(s) Names
ELLIE 2013-2017....Rocky RIP (2005-2013)
WELCOME ...I'm working overtime to save for my second EB,, It will happen it just takes a little longer ....good luck,
From another Canuck...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online