H

Harley014

Jan 7, 2015
Del Rio, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harley
We love tongue too!! [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] Del Rio is well Del Rio. What were you doing here in delightful Del Rio? [MENTION=7749]ChrisRN[/MENTION]

By the way, I wanted to give my story the other day but it was incredibly late, or super early (how ever you want to look at it).

I have missed having a dog in my life for four years now. Situations just have not allowed it to be so. :/

A very close friend and I were talking, (for months... maybe over a year) about getting a dog. More so, an English Bulldog. One day in a pet store we fell in love.

eb76d21fbb959148128963664c1e7a91.jpg

We fell hard!!! How could you not?!?!?! Look at her!!! Yet, $3800 was not something we could do. It hurt. :/ he beat himself up for a while about it (6 months). I would randomly look around... finally one day I came across that first picture at the top; cost was a lot less, could make a deposit and a few payments. Immediately drove 3 1/2 hrs to go see her and within mins... we were sold!

His kids (16 & 11) have been wanting a dog for quite a while too. So Christmas present she became!! She wouldn't be 8 wks till the 6th of Jan. So I printed out a 5x7, framed it, bought lots of wonderful dog toys, sweater, bandana, food bowels, etc. Oh. Best yet went to a Build-A-Bear and bought this...

b71d3a5d39c7ee72f23c5bff6bc80446.jpg

...she smells like cotton candy. ;) Put her dog collar with new tag on it... Put it all in a BIG box and under the tree it went till Christmas!! Kids loved it and are super excited to go get her! Really hoping this weekend, but we may have to wait a week.

You have no idea how happy I am to have found you guys!!! This is great! Thanks for reading my story. Just skimming through topics I've already started growing my knowledge for little miss Harley... I really want to call her are say Quinn... Harley Quinn. She's named after HDMC though. Was hoping she'd be a boy and we could call him Willie G. :p

Yay!! Super stoked!!! Love you guys already!!!! :heart;

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
We love tongue too!! @Manydogs Del Rio is well Del Rio. What were you doing here in delightful Del Rio? @ChrisRN

When I lived in San Angelo (for 30 years) we used to go to Del Rio occasionally. In fact, my husband and his partner almost bought an old restaurant there. But I worked for an orthopedic surgeon for 3 years, who held an orthopedic clinic in Del Rio once a month. We used to like going down there as a break from our normal routine. We almost always went across the border for lunch, even though the border patrol agents we treated told us it was dangerous. We had an elderly patient who would come over from Mexico with huge pans of fresh tamales--one for el doctor, one for la primera (me), and one for "Miss Rikki," our receptionist. I haven't had tamales in a long time. :( And the ones I've had since weren't as good as those!
@Harley014, Harley is adorable! This site will be of great help as you navigate the ways of bulldog ownership. The members have helped me so much.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
That is such a cute puppy, no wonder you love her already!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Welcome! She's beautiful, so glad you joined us!

OP
H

Harley014

Jan 7, 2015
Del Rio, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harley
Thank you everyone!! Looking at picking her up on Monday! Cannot wait!!!
[MENTION=7749]ChrisRN[/MENTION] Those are always nice trips there. Most of the restaurants closed down because of the cartels. Though a few actually moved over to this side of the border. I never really missed tamales but I really do enjoy them. I missed breakfast tacos. :) And you really missed out, as you know I'm sure... Thanksgiving and Christmas here on the border would not be complete without tamales. We ordered 8 dozen for our Christmas dinner and they were all gone!

BulldogMomma

Mar 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King George
She is such a pretty girl!!! Get ready to give up a chunk of your heart when she comes home!!

CrazyDogMom

Dec 30, 2014
Jonesborough, TN
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Penny, Angel, and Jackson
Your new baby and my new baby look so much alike! [emoji1]
This forum has been a life saver for me! Welcome from Tennessee :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1421176378635.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421176378635.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 32

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.