wyattevans

Dec 16, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wyatt
Wyatt 12.2014.jpg

Erik and I are getting our first English Bulldog tomorrow!! We have been waiting for him before his mama was even pregnant. He will be traveling to Delaware from TN and is being transported by the breeder. We are so excited!! I have been reading here for months and have everything that was suggested on the 35 things you need for an EB. He was born 11/7, has had his first shots and has been dewormed. I have a vet vist scheduled for Saturday. He is currenly 3 3/4 lbs. He has never been outside (breeder was afraid he would catch a cold) and currently uses Puppy Pads. When should I try to start potty training him? Its winter and is in the 40s every day here now. Wait for it to warm up? I'm sure I will have many more questions in the coming days. Thanks!
Ally:yes:

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
congratulations. Wayne is a thing of Beauty.

Stay tuned. Plenty of knowledgeable folks who will chime in shortly.

- - - Updated - - -

congratulations. Wyatt is a thing of Beauty.

Stay tuned. Plenty of knowledgeable folks who will chime in shortly.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:welcome3:Hi and welcome to you and Wyatt, how exciting. He is beautiful. I bet you can hardly wait. You will love it on this site, and you will love being a bully mom. Theynarevthe best breed ever. When I got my guys it was in May, I got them for Mothers Day, I have always got a new puppy in the spring, so I don't have any experience with potty training in the winter and cold weather. Your baby is young though, and weighs under 4 pounds, my guys were 10 weeks old and weighed 8.4 lbs, so they were a little bigger. He may be too cold, and you also want to be very careful where he walks outside, he could pick up diseases or parasites from other dogs or animals. He should have his second shots before he's exposed to other dogs and areas where he may pick up things, even in places like Petsmart where other dogs have walked. Once he has his second set of shots, he's safe to be around other dogs. I don't know what the answer is or which is better, some members have used puppy pads, and I tried them in the beginning, but my guys chewed them and ripped them up, and I thought it might be harder or confusing to them to train them inside on the pads and then to re teach them to go outside, so I just put them on a schedule and took them outside. Hopefully some members with more experience with winter potty training and puppy pads will come along and offer some suggestions and advice. Looking forward to seeing more of you on here, and please post some puppy pics when you get your new baby. Enjoy

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a cutie pie!

Best of luck with him.... since he is only 6 wks I would stay with potty pads till he is at least 9 or 10 weeks old. Be sure to post more pictures of him

OP
W

wyattevans

Dec 16, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wyatt
Just spoke to the breeder. He's been having lose stool
on his way up. They just changed his food today. Since he's been on the new food for such a short period of time can we go right to the Fromm Puppy food?

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
You can, but you should always do a slow transition when changing food brands, otherwise you'll be dealing with upset tummy and diarrhea. The transition should take at least 2 weeks. Start with 3/4 of the old food mixed with 1/4 of the new food, after a few days mix 1/2 and 1/2, then after a few days mix 1/4 of the old food with 3/4 of the old food, and finally just the new food.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
How Precious Wyatt is, I know you are so excited to get him today. He is a Cutie.

ColinAbraham

Dec 13, 2014
Country
en_GB
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Di
Congratulations and welcome please put up some pics as we all love to see them xx

Enjoy your new baby it is amazing when they first come home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.