intoduction and a question from swagger

swagger

Jan 25, 2011
Brooklyn, New York
Bulldog(s) Names
Swagg
:bully: Good morning everyone my name is swagger and i own a 10 month old bully name swagg he is black and white in color and he weights 71 pounds. Swagg is really playful and good with my children. however there are a couple of behaviors i would like to work on like nibbling on my person and at times jumping up on the furniture. any suggestions would be warmly and gladly accepted thanks

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Welcome to the site. Hope you find everything here. We have some very good bullie trainers here so Im sure they will be able to help. 71 pounds at 10 months?? Good Lord what you feeding that dog? LOL THAT is a big pup! Would LOVE to see some pix if you have any to share.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes Olde English Bullys are much larger [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION]

Welcome to the site!!! Would love to see pics of your bully baby!!!

Clove Oil is a great deterrant from chewing. Just give your bully a good whiff of it, they should HATE it. So then whenever they get near anything with the smell, they will run. Not recommended to put on you, however. Because it smells pretty strong.

Consistency is the key. Scream in dramatic pain and cower, whimper. Over dramatize the whole ordeal. Then discipline, firmly stating 'NO! or NO BITE!' and ignore bully for nipping and biting you. You should also roll him over quite a few tims on his back and make him submit to you, showing you are the alpha pack leader of the house. Keep doing this regularly just so he does not forget. :)

OP
swagger

swagger

Jan 25, 2011
Brooklyn, New York
Bulldog(s) Names
Swagg
:Dhey i put up picturtes of my bully feel free to take a look and thanks for the suggestions will try them out and let you know how it worked out:D
Yes Olde English Bullys are much larger @BruceP

Welcome to the site!!! Would love to see pics of your bully baby!!!

Clove Oil is a great deterrant from chewing. Just give your bully a good whiff of it, they should HATE it. So then whenever they get near anything with the smell, they will run. Not recommended to put on you, however. Because it smells pretty strong.

Consistency is the key. Scream in dramatic pain and cower, whimper. Over dramatize the whole ordeal. Then discipline, firmly stating 'NO! or NO BITE!' and ignore bully for nipping and biting you. You should also roll him over quite a few tims on his back and make him submit to you, showing you are the alpha pack leader of the house. Keep doing this regularly just so he does not forget. :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes I agree! He is lovely! I bet he does have loads of swagger! You can copy the

ILuvHudson

Jan 19, 2011
PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hudson
Welcome! Such a handsome olde!!! He's a big boy - I'll bet he's strong.
We've always pushed down on our pup's tongue after he's bit us by accident (sometime he'd just get so excited playing with his toys that he'd chomp onto us). This really works for him because he doesn't like it, and it doesn't hurt him.

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Welcome Swagg and Swagger! This is such a great site! You will love it here, so many wonderful members will give you such great advise. I have two girls, 8 months old, one of which used to bite at us when she was little. We would grab her by her muzzle (what little she has), and tell her NO biting!! She got the idea fairly quickly, that was unacceptable behavior. My dogs aren't allowed on the furniture, so I don't know what to tell you there. I've had them since they were tiny, so I'll let someone else tell you what to do with an older pup. I'm sure someone has just the info you need!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Welcome [MENTION=1761]swagger[/MENTION] beautiful bully!! How old is he? Love your photo's and want to see more, again welcome to EBN you are going to love it!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.