Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Hi Yugigi - She is beautiful. Just wondering, is she AKC registere and are you getting the puppy with full AKC registration by any chance?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Can't really tell from the video, but she did have a little skip to her step. I would want to see a better video of her walking. In one of the pics of the others girls, one isn't standing on her back paws correctly. Does he keep them outside? If that's the case, I would not by from them, as they are probably a puppy mill. Purina Pro Plan is not a very good food.

OP
Y

Yugigi

Nov 10, 2014
Country
MA USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ginger(Masyanya)
Do you mean the 3rd girl? I noticed it looks strange...

No, i dont think its a puppy mill... I understood he took them outside to play..they are usually inside..

i am going to switch her food if I get her, thank you!

OP
Y

Yugigi

Nov 10, 2014
Country
MA USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ginger(Masyanya)
I just figured that the breeder is a member of this forum...And i now feel bad about talking about him behind his back :(

ps
sorry i hope i didn't offend you, I just want a cute, healthy puppy.

pps
off to kill myself :hangover:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I just figured that the breeder is a member of this forum...And i now feel bad about talking about him behind his back :(

ps
sorry i hope i didn't offend you, I just want a cute, healthy puppy.

pps
off to kill myself :hangover:

Regardless if the breeder is a member you asked great questions, and he should be happy you are watching out for scams and poor breeding practices. Except for feeding purina, I saw nothing to find offensive, your questions and concerns were good ones and you want to be sure you're getting a healthy, purebred puppy. Nothing wrong with that IMO....

OP
Y

Yugigi

Nov 10, 2014
Country
MA USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ginger(Masyanya)
Regardless if the breeder is a member you asked great questions, and he should be happy you are watching out for scams and poor breeding practices. Except for feeding purina, I saw nothing to find offensive, your questions and concerns were good ones and you want to be sure you're getting a healthy, purebred puppy. Nothing wrong with that IMO....
Thank you so much! Its just so scary, you never know!

OP
Y

Yugigi

Nov 10, 2014
Country
MA USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ginger(Masyanya)
Hi Yugigi - She is beautiful. Just wondering, is she AKC registere and are you getting the puppy with full AKC registration by any chance?
They are registered with CKC...Is it good/bad?

I never intended to breed (although i would love to have puppies once, but my husband would never survive all the mess lol) so my understanding is that i don't need full registration, right?

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
They are registered with CKC...Is it good/bad?

I never intended to breed (although i would love to have puppies once, but my husband would never survive all the mess lol) so my understanding is that i don't need full registration, right?

CKC as in the Canadian Kennal Club or Continental Kennel Club? I'm going to guess the continental kennel club since your breeder is in the U.S.
You should ask why they chose that as opposed to AKC.

Wellie, our bullie that was re-homed to us came with ACA papers (American Canine Association). It's not a real club as far as I'm concerned and the only
reason it was used is because it's cheap, and his "breeder" runs a puppy mill in the mid west.

These days, I would carefully screen even breeders that use AKC (after all of Blue's issues, I'd insist on a breeder who health tests), but those that use any other organization..well- I'd run the other way. There's never, ever, ever,
ever, a good reason for a purebred dog to be registered with anyone other than AKC in the U.S.

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
CKC as in the Canadian Kennal Club or Continental Kennel Club? I'm going to guess the continental kennel club since your breeder is in the U.S.
You should ask why they chose that as opposed to AKC.

Wellie, our bullie that was re-homed to us came with ACA papers (American Canine Association). It's not a real club as far as I'm concerned and the only
reason it was used is because it's cheap, and his "breeder" runs a puppy mill in the mid west.

These days, I would carefully screen even breeders that use AKC (after all of Blue's issues, I'd insist on a breeder who health tests), but those that use any other organization..well- I'd run the other way. There's never, ever, ever,
ever, a good reason for a purebred dog to be registered with anyone other than AKC in the U.S.

Couldn't agree more with @blueberrysmom, PM sent

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w

Don't cry, I didn't mean to scare you, just stating the facts. If you're already in love with this pup, get her. But ask the breeder why he chose them over AKC.
In the end, a dog is a dog, it's not the papers it comes with. I don't love Wellie any less than Blue, he's my little man and I adore him. But I guess I do equate AKC with quality (even though I shouldn't) because they're the only legitimate club in the U.S for purebred dogs.

In the end, a bulldog with a perfect pedigree can, and most likely will, have at least some health problems. So regardless of your choice, just be prepared for that.

OP
Y

Yugigi

Nov 10, 2014
Country
MA USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ginger(Masyanya)
I posted in my other thread, but I guess I'll copy here, as well... Of course, when we went to see the puppies... We came home with one :)))
Have you seen not photogenic bulldog? Well, ours sure is! She is so cute but looks like an old grumpy bulldog on the photos :)) and I am a photographer, so it's embarrassing!

Here are couple of iPhone photos :)

Her name is Masyanya (Masya, Manya for short), and I am sure only Russians can pronounce it lol

So, she thinks she is a lap dog, every time somebody sits on the floor - she climbs up :))

we planned on taking another girl... But she looked so scared, tried to hide from us... And we have a very loud family, so we didn't risk getting a dog that would be stressed from all the running and yelling...

Masyanya is so cute and loving, she is sleeping by me as I write this...

I am not sure she'll grow up to be the perfect bulldog, but if she stays this loving and nice - I don't really care...
55040db667a64cb65394731989dbae66.jpg
d9a90b7455b454530f8cb0ac9d0317f9.jpg
90f97ad88bba435d737c2e44dde91292.jpg
b1f850ea26196101b98ebdca141620d7.jpg
6861a51cd06c0b009d54f9044a963611.jpg

She is holding her ears back a lot... Is she supposed to do that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions