Hello and please help :)

Yugigi

Nov 10, 2014
Country
MA USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ginger(Masyanya)
hello to all of you, i am so happy i have found this forum! I desperately need your help!
We are getting an english bulldog puppy ( a girl) but i just want to see what others think of her :) Some years ago we got an english bulldog who grew up to be an american or an olde english bulldog (was thin and had long legs)...Although we loved him dearly (he passed away 2 years ago) this time around we want to make sure we will get a real English bulldog :)

So, this little beauty is 8 weeks old, and maybe looking at her pictures and video you could tell me if she is nicely build? I personally think she is adorable but i so so so need a second opinion.....Thank you!!!
here is a very short video (she is the one sitting(or peeing :blush2:) . I am a bit concerned by her legs, are they supposed to move like that?
20141110 212653 - YouTube

and pictures (i think she is a bit younger on that photo)...
CgAAG1RfiJyEJFZaAAAAAPInkus550.jpgCgAAG1RfiJyEcffxAAAAAByc3BA930.jpgCgAAG1RfiJyEZrQ9AAAAAMu7vzM368.jpg

ps
the breeder is in CT, if anybody knows anything about this breeder....please let me know!

Last edited by a moderator:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:welcome3::welcome3:Omg they are so cute, love all those wrinkles. I think she's beautiful, and she looks like an English Bulldog to me.
Im not familiar with the Breeder, as I live in Canada, but hopefully another member, or a member from your area will know this breeder or have dealt with them before. The puppies look very healthy to me, and their surroundings are very clean which is a good sign. Welcome to EBN and I hope to see more of you and your baby on here. Have you thought of any names yet? She so pretty, she needs a pretty name like Chloe, Charlotte (Charlie), Fallon, Zoey, Willow, or Bailey.

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
From what I see she is a perfect representation of her breed English BuIIdog there is a Iot of wrinkle cleaning on her and a great rope - did your Iast dog have a taiI pocket
OH :hiii::welcome:so happy you found this forum hope to see a pic or hundreds and read some stories, questions and responses
She is a Looker, great markings a classic beauty Congrats Love and be Good to and for each other :mansfriend:

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Welcome to You and Your Beautiful Baby Bully Girl
sign0016.gif
:hiya: she looks like an English Bulldog to me, her legs look Great, all puppies are a little light on their paws at first, her being so young.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! Your baby looks adorable, and YES bully pups are very clumsy on their big paws when they are that age. I always advice that when you get your baby take them to a vet that you trust (preferably a bully vet) and have them do a general check-up to make sure that everything is developing normally at this point. Of course things can develop over time, but it's always a good idea to have a heads up…

OP
Y

Yugigi

Nov 10, 2014
Country
MA USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ginger(Masyanya)
Thank you all so much!

Looking at the video, don't you think her rear(?) legs look like they have dysplasia or something? Looks like other puppies walk differently...But of course we need to see her in person...

Our previous dog was limping his whole life :(

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] [MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION]

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I cannot tell from this video, as pups are kinda clumsy sometimes anyway. Looks more to me like she was trying to hop/jump away from her potty. She's very cute!! Sorry but without seeing her in person or more videos I wouldn't be able to tell if her walking seems off.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN..... wow a cutie pie and bundle of wrinkles! agree with others, video is too short to be able to tell if there is an issue, but that little seems fine and I agree with Lisa, she could just be hoping to get away from her pee

OP
Y

Yugigi

Nov 10, 2014
Country
MA USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ginger(Masyanya)
OP
Y

Yugigi

Nov 10, 2014
Country
MA USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ginger(Masyanya)
pics of other girls
2nd girl
CgAAG1RfiJyEDHhHAAAAAFO048k640.jpg

3rd girl
CgAAG1RfiJyEIUIJAAAAAJZ2Esg862.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
here are couple more videos....They have 3 girls. The one i originally picked has half face brown, one ear brown, one white. 2nd girl has white face and both ears are brown. 3rd girl has brown around eyes (she is sitting in the pink thingie in one of the videos)....the videos ARE very short, unfortunately...

20141110 220028 - YouTube
20141110 220005 - YouTube
20141110 215845 - YouTube
20141110 215944 - YouTube

they are all so cute and look well fed! I love the one you selected... the have white/brown face is adorable

OP
Y

Yugigi

Nov 10, 2014
Country
MA USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ginger(Masyanya)
I just got email from the breeder...They are feeding the puppies purina pro plan puppies focus...is it a good food?

Also, he said they were outside and now couple of them got a flu and he is treating them...so he would not let them go until they are better, probably Saturday...
Is it normal? Should i be concerned?

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Welcome to EBN and congratulations to your new family member, she's truly adorable and looks very much like an English Bulldog<3 I'm not so clued up on the food in USA or about the flu situation but I'm sure others on here will know, again congrats:)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.