New member with itchy puppy need help with food rec:)

Jess22

Sep 6, 2014
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Haus
Good morning and hello everyone. I finally got to purchase my dream dog approx 4 months ago. He is a brindle and white male named Haus and is totally amazing! Before I start with my question I did a large amount of research as well as having several years exp as a vet tech and now I'm a stay at home mom and have been grooming dogs for several years so I do have exp with skin and bulldog issues but know nothing I h about food. With that said yep this is fixin sound stupid, I put him on Purina One large breed puppy the vet and the breeder said this should be fine unless he showed signs it wasn't . Knowing about bulldogs and their allergies I have watched him very close and he has been fine until now. ( I did t want to start him on a crazy expensive dog food if there was no need to as I have four other dogs and don't want to waste money on somthing he did t need. Now I thnk he does, 3 days ago one of his nose rope wrinkles got really red and irritated ( I wipe them 3-4 times a day just to keep them dry and give him medicated oatmeal baths). So I bought mal-a-ket wipes for him (cleared right up) yesterday he had a small pustule on back of his head and today a couple more on back. Nothing has changed ( laundry det, sprays, ect). I need a good food recomendation that is easy to find as we live in the country. Basically would like to try a good food that is reasonably priced. Or any other suggestions y'all might have would be awsome as I don't want this to make him uncomfortable . Thanks in advance, Jessica

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I use grain free Taste of the Wild Pacific. So far my dogs are doing well on it. Compared to many other brands, it is pretty reasonable. I also have 4 dogs.(inside)

OP
J

Jess22

Sep 6, 2014
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Haus
Thanks so much for the recommendation , I thnk TSC has that and I will look into it. One more question if you do t mind. Will my dog ever start chewing his food? Hehe he is a food a boil and eats everything, I soak his dry food and feed him several times a day. He is almost 6 months, will he start chewing properly when all his teeth come in? This must be a bulldog thing? Hehe gotta love these babies!:)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
@Jess22 I have 2 purebreds-they suck up food-I don't hear any chewing! The 2- 1/2 breeds are better about chewing. Usually if you have more than one dog-they eat alot faster! An only dog has the luxury of "picking". Yes, TSC carries that food. The feed store where I buy grain for my donkeys-sells Diamond. I told him that it comes from the same factory-can he get TOTW? He did, and charges me $5.00 a bag less! I got lucky! I used to soak their food, but don't anymore. They still suck it up, but at least they may chew enough to keep their teeth clean!!!
Forgot to say :welcome3:to EBN!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:hiya: :welcome3: to EBN

Lynn has you covered.... TOTW is a good food at a decent price. I feed Fromm Pork and Peas

Tuneybuster

Oct 7, 2014
I use TOTW grain free wild boar. They love it and have not had any issues. We grind each meal because my Buster inhales his food whole and used to vomit it soon after. Since we started grinding it , all is good

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.