Thread: New member with itchy puppy need help with food rec:)

Country
    Usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Haus
    Likes (Received)

Default New member with itchy puppy need help with food rec:)

Good morning and hello everyone. I finally got to purchase my dream dog approx 4 months ago. He is a brindle and white male named Haus and is totally amazing! Before I start with my question I did a large amount of research as well as having several years exp as a vet tech and now I'm a stay at home mom and have been grooming dogs for several years so I do have exp with skin and bulldog issues but know nothing I h about food. With that said yep this is fixin sound stupid, I put him on Purina One large breed puppy the vet and the breeder said this should be fine unless he showed signs it wasn't . Knowing about bulldogs and their allergies I have watched him very close and he has been fine until now. ( I did t want to start him on a crazy expensive dog food if there was no need to as I have four other dogs and don't want to waste money on somthing he did t need. Now I thnk he does, 3 days ago one of his nose rope wrinkles got really red and irritated ( I wipe them 3-4 times a day just to keep them dry and give him medicated oatmeal baths). So I bought mal-a-ket wipes for him (cleared right up) yesterday he had a small pustule on back of his head and today a couple more on back. Nothing has changed ( laundry det, sprays, ect). I need a good food recomendation that is easy to find as we live in the country. Basically would like to try a good food that is reasonably priced. Or any other suggestions y'all might have would be awsome as I don't want this to make him uncomfortable . Thanks in advance, Jessica

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: New member with itchy puppy need help with food rec:)

I use grain free Taste of the Wild Pacific. So far my dogs are doing well on it. Compared to many other brands, it is pretty reasonable. I also have 4 dogs.(inside)
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Country
    Usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Haus
    Likes (Received)

Thanks so much for the recommendation , I thnk TSC has that and I will look into it. One more question if you do t mind. Will my dog ever start chewing his food? Hehe he is a food a boil and eats everything, I soak his dry food and feed him several times a day. He is almost 6 months, will he start chewing properly when all his teeth come in? This must be a bulldog thing? Hehe gotta love these babies!

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

@Jess22 I have 2 purebreds-they suck up food-I don't hear any chewing! The 2- 1/2 breeds are better about chewing. Usually if you have more than one dog-they eat alot faster! An only dog has the luxury of "picking". Yes, TSC carries that food. The feed store where I buy grain for my donkeys-sells Diamond. I told him that it comes from the same factory-can he get TOTW? He did, and charges me $5.00 a bag less! I got lucky! I used to soak their food, but don't anymore. They still suck it up, but at least they may chew enough to keep their teeth clean!!!
    Forgot to say to EBN!!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

to EBN

Lynn has you covered.... TOTW is a good food at a decent price. I feed Fromm Pork and Peas
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

I use TOTW grain free wild boar. They love it and have not had any issues. We grind each meal because my Buster inhales his food whole and used to vomit it soon after. Since we started grinding it , all is good

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Welcome to EBN.

Real Name
    Alberto
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola
    Likes (Received)

Welcome Jess & Haus

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

to EBN!!

Remove Ads