New Guy currently in Afghanistan

OP
FridayGt

FridayGt

Jan 22, 2011
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie
Welcome [MENTION=1748]FridayGt[/MENTION],,,,,, Just want to say THANK YOU!!!!!

oh, and I like "Stogie" ;)
Stogie is kind of growing on me too the more and more I hear it! lol. We'll just have to see what name fits him the best on the trips we make to visit him before bringing him home. If we do pick that one though, I'll have to stop calling my cigars that... hahaha.

Welcome. Look forward to hearing how it goes picking up your puppy oh and pictures...looking forward to seeing pics!
Oh pics will be a plenty!!! Especially since I'll have plenty of at home time with him when he first gets home.

I second that, stogie is adorable! :) Welcome to the board and again thank you SO much for keeping our country free and allowing all of us to enjoy the easier life. So glad to see you will be coming home and with a new pup even, wow! Oh and I love your feather baby also, how cute!!! As far as food tips i think you have gotten a fair share of them already. Their nutrition is a never ending learning process thats for sure. Canned pumpkin is a household must also. Not the pie filling but the 100% pure canned pumpkin that is usually on the veggie aisle in the store. It can be hard to come by later in the year so you may wanna stock up on it a bit if you can. 1 tbsp a day for full grown pups helps to keep them regular and if they get the runs it will help to firm them up quick which with a bully is important. You will learn that bully butts can be messy when it comes to :poo: and when it is runny it is a disaster. :crazy: As far as crates go I am not help since my boys were thrown into bed with us from day 1 pretty much but [MENTION=530]LisaRN[/MENTION] has a great idea for a crate and how to use it with a new pup. Oh and for food use a metal or ceramic feeding and water bowl as the plastic can cause pimples. Cant think of anything else off hand but there is a million other things we can add I am sure. Cant wait to see your baby, the pics you posted are beautiful and I too LOVE the markings!

You mentioned another surprise when you get home any clues? :D
Thank you for your appreciation and tips! I'm defenitely hoping that he doesn't have too bad a tail, it would just make life easier, that's for sure. I'll definitely have to stock up on pumpkin. Hmmm... I would discuss the secret... but as I've pretty well identified myself with pictures, you all may just have to wait on the off chance she finds her way here as well! lol.

OP
FridayGt

FridayGt

Jan 22, 2011
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie
Ok, hopefully I'm not going overboard with the pictures, but the breeder sent us some more photo's and I am just freaking out excited!!! She said that this is a fat and big litter so we won't see any eyes opening until the 25th at the earliest. That belly is just screaming out for rubs and rasberries! I haven't been able to see the right side of his face too well in the pictures just yet, but it appears as though he has spots on both sides of his face that look like they'll at least partially cover the eyes. I'm no expert, so I can't tell if he's going to have a low maintenance tail or not yet. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears as though, with a belly and a Poonum like that, he will be excellent at hanging out in the Man cave with me... lol.
IMG00043-20110123-1621.jpg

IMG00044-20110123-1626.jpg

To be honest, the cutest picture she sent today was the picture of our new little guy snoozing with all of his litter mates, but not sure that posting that one would be cool as everyone else's pups are in it as well.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Im not sure there is such a thing as 'going overboard w/ pix' with this group. ;) They sure are tiny, innocent little things now.... boy is THAT gonna change... LOL

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Yes no such thing as overboard, seriously! And so long as there is no info on where the pups are from showing the litter mates shouldnt be a problem. Post away!!!

OP
FridayGt

FridayGt

Jan 22, 2011
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie
Im not sure there is such a thing as 'going overboard w/ pix' with this group. ;) They sure are tiny, innocent little things now.... boy is THAT gonna change... LOL
Hahaha, I can only imagine! lol. It should certainly be all sorts of fun! lol

Yes no such thing as overboard, seriously! And so long as there is no info on where the pups are from showing the litter mates shouldnt be a problem. Post away!!!
Alright, well, you asked for it!!! Prepare yourself for the uber cuteness overload! Our little guy is the one obnoxiously sprawled out in the middle... that spells sleeping trouble at the foot of my bed... lol.
IMG00050-20110123-1638.jpg

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
With all these Bully addicts here begging for pics, there is no such thing as "too many" :) I like that your Breeder is taking the time to get these updates to you, that's awesome. I also love the pic oh him snoozing with his litter mates... too cute, love the belly :up:

OP
FridayGt

FridayGt

Jan 22, 2011
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie
With all these Bully addicts here begging for pics, there is no such thing as "too many" :) I like that your Breeder is taking the time to get these updates to you, that's awesome. I also love the pic oh him snoozing with his litter mates... too cute, love the belly :up:

Yeah, I am really very, very greatful the breeder is being so great with us. She's made a lot of effort to help us out. It's our first time going through a breeder as all of my previous pups have been shelter babies, and has been incredibly accomodating. That littermate pic has got to be about the cutest thing in the world! lol

OP
FridayGt

FridayGt

Jan 22, 2011
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie
Cuteness overload :luv: ur boy is just gorgeous xx
I warned you!!! Lol. I'm still gushing over that pic!

OMG they are all precious but your boy is MOST precious! Congrats!
You know, my thoughts exactly! I don't know if it's just the biased me, but I really do think he's the cutest! lol.

Alright, she sent another picture. Prepare yourselve's, this could get serious... lol
IMG00052-20110127-1417.jpg

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
OMG, this photo is amazing. I love Belly Shots. He is so darn cute and I am so excited for you. What a wonderful gift to come home to after such a demanding job you do.

ILuvHudson

Jan 19, 2011
PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hudson
Thanks for sharing all your pictures - welcome and congratulations, since I haven't gotten that in yet. And of course THANK YOU SO MUCH for your service!!! As everyone else, looking forward to more pictures and news of your safe arrival home!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I warned you!!! Lol. I'm still gushing over that pic!

Alright, she sent another picture. Prepare yourselve's, this could get serious... lol
IMG00052-20110127-1417.jpg

Oh my ... now that is serious cuteness overload. I love the way he's using that special Ninja trick of pretending he's asleep when actually he's a raw bundle of tensed energy waiting to make his Ninja stealth attack!

Welcome!! And YES my favorite name is Ninja .. it's the irony of Ninja and a snoring, farting, eating, sleeping bulldog that gets me! :lol:

OP
FridayGt

FridayGt

Jan 22, 2011
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie
OMG, this photo is amazing. I love Belly Shots. He is so darn cute and I am so excited for you. What a wonderful gift to come home to after such a demanding job you do.
Yes! I'm so freaking excited, and I really think this is the cutest dang picture yet! lol. His eyed should be open by now, so hopefully I'll have some more pictures soon.

Oh my ... now that is serious cuteness overload. I love the way he's using that special Ninja trick of pretending he's asleep when actually he's a raw bundle of tensed energy waiting to make his Ninja stealth attack!

Welcome!! And YES my favorite name is Ninja .. it's the irony of Ninja and a snoring, farting, eating, sleeping bulldog that gets me! :lol:
Hahaha, that's what I loved about that name! We'll see though, we've got to meet the little fella first and get an idea of his personality before we pick the name. The Lady of the house will be going to visit next weekend again, but he'll only be about 3 1/2 weeks old, so not much personality by then.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.