New Guy currently in Afghanistan

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Welcome to EBN! Bulldogs are definitely a breed you need to research so glad to see you are doing that! I can't say it enough, thank you very much for your service. I have a friend that just came back from Afganistan and I know how hard it was on him, his wife and family. Your sacrifices for this country are greatly appreciated!

OP
FridayGt

FridayGt

Jan 22, 2011
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie
Hi and Welcome to the site! Your bully is so cute. Congrats! When do you get your bully?

He was born on the 13th, so given about an 8 week timeframe I'm guesstimating around the 10th or so of March. The timing will actually be perfect, I'll have been home and able to get settled for a couple of weeks, finish up my two weeks R&R, get the house puppy proofed and then take about a month or so of leave and pick up the puppy!

Again, thank you all for the warm welcome and the suggestions!!! It's always great to be reminded of the great people back home while over here! I have another little surprise for the Lovely Lady at home as well that's a pretty big deal, so that will be amazing as well. It's defenitely going to be one heck of a homecoming after this deployment!

We're currently putting together a little list of the things we'll need for when the little guy gets home. My Lady has already picked up some baby gates and we're going to find out what food the breeder will have him on so we can decide if we want to slowly switch it or not. Next on the list are all the other necessities; crate, collar, lead, tags, toys, snacks... so on... It's really been a great thing for us to focus on and be excited about that has really helped this deployment go by pretty quickly, at least a lot more quickly than the last few!

Momma2Bullet

Jan 15, 2011
NE Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullet {booboo}
welcome to EBN and Congrats on your new bully! he has great markings and i love the name Ninja...so fun! :) thank you for serving in the military! i have two bro-inlaws currently in. one just returned for a short R&R and the other is due home for good in another week (both in Afghanistan).

word of advice: bullies are like vacuums so you will need to constantly make sure your floors are free and clear of debri and small objects. ugh, my boy, Bullet, is constantly searching for that next nerf piece or any crumb that is dropped on our floors. lol he's soooo quick too. lol:eek:

OP
FridayGt

FridayGt

Jan 22, 2011
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie
word of advice: bullies are like vacuums so you will need to constantly make sure your floors are free and clear of debri and small objects. ugh, my boy, Bullet, is constantly searching for that next nerf piece or any crumb that is dropped on our floors. lol he's soooo quick too. lol:eek:

Hahaha, thank you very much, I will defenitely keep that in mind. The current little rascal in the house is horrible with that. Basically, if it's left out on the floor or within flying distance, kiss it goodbye. lol. Between Pancho and the soon to be home Puppy, our house should be near spotless... lol. Here's some pictures of the current feathered kid... lol.
100_0104.jpg

Jordannewcam028.jpg

OP
FridayGt

FridayGt

Jan 22, 2011
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie
Being a retired vet, I just want to say thanks from the bottom of my heart for your dedication and your families dedication. Glad to meet you and welcome home.
And thanks for yours! Hmmm, Blaylock, you wouldn't happen to be on a cigar forum would you? A Cigar forum I type in has a pretty cool guy by that name on their.

There you go.......he looks like sausage links.........sooooooooo, you can call him ..........
Links
Brautwurst
Sausage
or something along that line.
Hahaha, I like Links! Almost makes me think Zelda. Here's the list that we've come up with so far. The ones with the * are my personal faves!

Biggie
Auto
Cheeto
Blue
Hooch
Samson (Sammy)
Ninja *
Zilla *
Jaba
Chewbacca
Smudge
Pudge
Yogi *
Buddha *
Hoagie
Magoo
Stogie *

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
LOL! Love all the names and thanks so much for posting baby pics! Our little one is 11 weeks old now and it was a rough few weeks...Belly is a biter..I swear she is using us to sharpen her little needle teeth. Her breeder had her on Eukanuba puppy but since being on here I've switched her to Fromm's Gold puppy food and she seems to digest it better. This site has Fromm's a a ton of other puppy toys and treats and you can get auto shipped to your house petflow.com Everyone here also likes Carolina Pet Pantry Home Page I literally looked for hours at both sites and all the goodies! My baby eats better than hubby and I. Like [MENTION=881]Gertie's Mom[/MENTION] Belly gets her food, canned pumpkin,cottage cheese or yogurt and I put some frozen blueberries on top. When she comes inside and has gone potty she gets some frozen green beans. I think the frozen treats help with her teething a little.

Bless you on your service to our country and can't wait to see pics of you and your lady with the new baby!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
FridayGt

FridayGt

Jan 22, 2011
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie
Thank you very much for the suggestions Angelgirl! I'll defenitely check those places out. Where I live back in the states isn't exactly a sprawling metropolis, so I'm sure finding the good stuff will be a bit of a tough effort.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Welcome [MENTION=1748]FridayGt[/MENTION],,,,,, Just want to say THANK YOU!!!!!

oh, and I like "Stogie" ;)

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
Welcome. Look forward to hearing how it goes picking up your puppy oh and pictures...looking forward to seeing pics!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Welcome [MENTION=1748]FridayGt[/MENTION],,,,,, Just want to say THANK YOU!!!!!

oh, and I like "Stogie" ;)

I second that, stogie is adorable! :) Welcome to the board and again thank you SO much for keeping our country free and allowing all of us to enjoy the easier life. So glad to see you will be coming home and with a new pup even, wow! Oh and I love your feather baby also, how cute!!! As far as food tips i think you have gotten a fair share of them already. Their nutrition is a never ending learning process thats for sure. Canned pumpkin is a household must also. Not the pie filling but the 100% pure canned pumpkin that is usually on the veggie aisle in the store. It can be hard to come by later in the year so you may wanna stock up on it a bit if you can. 1 tbsp a day for full grown pups helps to keep them regular and if they get the runs it will help to firm them up quick which with a bully is important. You will learn that bully butts can be messy when it comes to :poo: and when it is runny it is a disaster. :crazy: As far as crates go I am not help since my boys were thrown into bed with us from day 1 pretty much but [MENTION=530]LisaRN[/MENTION] has a great idea for a crate and how to use it with a new pup. Oh and for food use a metal or ceramic feeding and water bowl as the plastic can cause pimples. Cant think of anything else off hand but there is a million other things we can add I am sure. Cant wait to see your baby, the pics you posted are beautiful and I too LOVE the markings!

You mentioned another surprise when you get home any clues? :D

thekidsmama

Jan 12, 2011
Port Charlotte Fl.
Bulldog(s) Names
Belleau Wood
Welcome to the group, Unfortunately I am not on here as much as I would like due to work and raising 2 kids and 2 pups, but this site seems great to get alot of great info for the bulldog. Also a BIG Thank you for your service to our country. I got hooked on the bully breed from my father. He was a marine for 23 1/2 years and wanted the mascot. So I was lucky enough to be raised with them, once I married my sailor we both agreed that the navy mascot wasnt going to work (goat) so we opted to stick to the corp mascot.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Welcome to the family and a huge Thank you from a civilian!!!!

I love the name Stogie for a male pup! There is also military names such as Tank, Bomber, Camo etc....

You will soon become addicted to the site! Please visit the advertisers on the home page, they all have wonderful things that are catered to bullies, like Tuffy toys, snout soother, hoodies, great food and treat selections. they tend to be life savers when in need of a bully necessity.

Most Reactions