New Guy currently in Afghanistan

FridayGt

Jan 22, 2011
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie
How is everyone doing? I'm new to the boards here and just poking my head around to see what wisdom I can pick up from those with the experience. I've been reading, and reading and a little more reading... lol, on Bulldogs for years as they're the breed I've just always wanted. Well, the timing finally worked out and I have picked a puppy that I will be picking up from the breeder a couple of weeks after I get back to the states.

I tend to float in and out of forums as life changes and moves along, but have always found them to be the best source of information out there for whatever your interest may be at the time. I'm a member of a couple other boards at the time for cigars and my car. Should any of you have any questions or suggestions, I always love some good chatter and welcome the advice as well as the inquiries!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Welcome! We look forward to some pics and stories when you get your new buddy!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Very excited for you! It will be a long two weeks I am sure, and coming home as well must be very exciting! Welcome to our forums, and I hope you enjoy your time here. If you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to ask!

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
Welcome!! Can't wait to see some pictures of your new baby bully!!

OP
FridayGt

FridayGt

Jan 22, 2011
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie
Thank you all very much for your warm welcome! I am very, very excited! I've had three dogs in the past, and this will be my first Bully. My main question was about nutrition, but I've been reading through some existing threads here on the topic and have been getting some really good info.

I have some newborn puppy pics that the breeder sent, but not sure if it falls within the board etiquette to post them as I'm still figuring this forum out. If you'd like to see them, let me know!

My lovely lady back home and I are currently having fun with trying to pick a list of possible names to choose from when we get a better idea of the little guys personality. We tend to lean towards goofier names and Ninja is amongst one of our favorite's... lol.

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
Welcome to the forums, and thanks for what you
are doing over there. I was in Iraq OIF I, & II and
remember how everyday I planned step by step
what I was going to do when I got home.

Can't wait to see pictures of you back on home
soil, and holding your new puppy. Again thanks
for being over there. It is a sacrifice some never
understand. If you need anything let us know. I will
do everything I can to get you anything you need.

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Thanks for stopping by and saying hello... I know your anxious to get home, and to have a Bully pup waiting for you as well? How fun :up: Enjoy

OP
FridayGt

FridayGt

Jan 22, 2011
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie
Thanks a lot bfletch13, that is incredibly generous and kind of you.

I guess if I do have a lingering question, what would some of your general suggestions be everyone? I've had dogs in the past, but it's been years and have never had a Bully Baby. So any tips or particular things you think I should reasearch would be more than appreciated. I've read a fair bit, but reading and hearing from personal experience is always a different thing.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you all very much for your warm welcome! I am very, very excited! I've had three dogs in the past, and this will be my first Bully. My main question was about nutrition, but I've been reading through some existing threads here on the topic and have been getting some really good info.

I have some newborn puppy pics that the breeder sent, but not sure if it falls within the board etiquette to post them as I'm still figuring this forum out. If you'd like to see them, let me know!

My lovely lady back home and I are currently having fun with trying to pick a list of possible names to choose from when we get a better idea of the little guys personality. We tend to lean towards goofier names and Ninja is amongst one of our favorite's... lol.

We would love to see pictures! As long as they do not have any name on them (advertising a breeder) that is perfectly fine. Hope you post them :) [MENTION=1748]FridayGt[/MENTION]

OP
FridayGt

FridayGt

Jan 22, 2011
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie
Hopefully these image codes work, but here are some pics of the new little guy that just entered the world!
Thepuppy2.jpg

Thepuppy1.jpg

IMG00040-20110117-1802.jpg

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Awwww his markings are great! Looks like he is wearing a belt!

OP
FridayGt

FridayGt

Jan 22, 2011
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie
Awwww his markings are great! Looks like he is wearing a belt!

Hahaha, that's exactly what I thought! lol. I'm so anxious to see his eyes open, and then see how those spots on either side of his face will play out. Heck, I'm just anxious to see how he grows and learns and what kind of dog he becomes! Now the only really daunting task is to convince the Pet Parrot at home that the dog is a new family member and not his personal minion to give commands to... lol

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Welcome! And thank you for your service to our wonderful country! Your new Bully baby is just precious! I bet you can't wait to get home, for so many reasons, but the new puppy is just that much more to look forward to. I was new to this breed and this site back in July. You have found the absolute BEST Bully site there is. I joined right after I brought Gertie home, and thank goodness I did! I have learned soooo much here! I've had a number of other breeds in my 55 years, and there's nothing like a Bully. They are stubborn, but so sweet and personable, you just can't ever stay mad at them! I think the most important thing to do with a new puppy is get him on some good quality food. Bullies tend toward allergies and skin issues, so I find I am feeding my girls far differently than I've fed any other dogs I've ever had. I add things like salmon oil, plain yogart, and canned pumpkin to their meals, they eat lots of fruits and veggies. So far it's paying off. My two girls are 8 months old and they are both allergy free and very healthy, happy Bullies. I feed Nature's Variety Prairie. They like it and it's readily available in my area. There are a lot of members who feed grain-free, but so far my girls haven't had any issues with grains so I haven't had to go that direction. Can't wait to see future pics of you and your new Bully! So glad you found our group!

L

Lucy-licious

Hello and welcome, ur little fella is a lovely litle sausage bless him,
Bet ur itchin to get home n give him a hug
Lookin forward to hearin al about him and watchin him grow up xx

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.