Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Guy currently in Afghanistan

Bulldog(s) Names
    Biggie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: New Guy currently in Afghanistan

Thank you very much for the suggestions Angelgirl! I'll defenitely check those places out. Where I live back in the states isn't exactly a sprawling metropolis, so I'm sure finding the good stuff will be a bit of a tough effort.

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Welcome @FridayGt,,,,,, Just want to say THANK YOU!!!!!

oh, and I like "Stogie"

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Brodie
    Likes (Received)

Welcome. Look forward to hearing how it goes picking up your puppy oh and pictures...looking forward to seeing pics!
    I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. ~Gilda Radner

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BruceP View Post

oh, and I like "Stogie"
    I second that, stogie is adorable! Welcome to the board and again thank you SO much for keeping our country free and allowing all of us to enjoy the easier life. So glad to see you will be coming home and with a new pup even, wow! Oh and I love your feather baby also, how cute!!! As far as food tips i think you have gotten a fair share of them already. Their nutrition is a never ending learning process thats for sure. Canned pumpkin is a household must also. Not the pie filling but the 100% pure canned pumpkin that is usually on the veggie aisle in the store. It can be hard to come by later in the year so you may wanna stock up on it a bit if you can. 1 tbsp a day for full grown pups helps to keep them regular and if they get the runs it will help to firm them up quick which with a bully is important. You will learn that bully butts can be messy when it comes to and when it is runny it is a disaster. As far as crates go I am not help since my boys were thrown into bed with us from day 1 pretty much but @LisaRN has a great idea for a crate and how to use it with a new pup. Oh and for food use a metal or ceramic feeding and water bowl as the plastic can cause pimples. Cant think of anything else off hand but there is a million other things we can add I am sure. Cant wait to see your baby, the pics you posted are beautiful and I too LOVE the markings!

You mentioned another surprise when you get home any clues?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Belleau Wood
    Likes (Received)

Welcome to the group, Unfortunately I am not on here as much as I would like due to work and raising 2 kids and 2 pups, but this site seems great to get alot of great info for the bulldog. Also a BIG Thank you for your service to our country. I got hooked on the bully breed from my father. He was a marine for 23 1/2 years and wanted the mascot. So I was lucky enough to be raised with them, once I married my sailor we both agreed that the navy mascot wasnt going to work (goat) so we opted to stick to the corp mascot.

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

Welcome to the family and a huge Thank you from a civilian!!!!

I love the name Stogie for a male pup! There is also military names such as Tank, Bomber, Camo etc....

You will soon become addicted to the site! Please visit the advertisers on the home page, they all have wonderful things that are catered to bullies, like Tuffy toys, snout soother, hoodies, great food and treat selections. they tend to be life savers when in need of a bully necessity.

Always with me

Bulldog(s) Names
    Biggie
    Likes (Received)

oh, and I like "Stogie"
    Stogie is kind of growing on me too the more and more I hear it! lol. We'll just have to see what name fits him the best on the trips we make to visit him before bringing him home. If we do pick that one though, I'll have to stop calling my cigars that... hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bulliefamily View Post
    Welcome. Look forward to hearing how it goes picking up your puppy oh and pictures...looking forward to seeing pics!
    Oh pics will be a plenty!!! Especially since I'll have plenty of at home time with him when he first gets home.

Quote Originally Posted by cali~jenn View Post
    I second that, stogie is adorable! Welcome to the board and again thank you SO much for keeping our country free and allowing all of us to enjoy the easier life. So glad to see you will be coming home and with a new pup even, wow! Oh and I love your feather baby also, how cute!!! As far as food tips i think you have gotten a fair share of them already. Their nutrition is a never ending learning process thats for sure. Canned pumpkin is a household must also. Not the pie filling but the 100% pure canned pumpkin that is usually on the veggie aisle in the store. It can be hard to come by later in the year so you may wanna stock up on it a bit if you can. 1 tbsp a day for full grown pups helps to keep them regular and if they get the runs it will help to firm them up quick which with a bully is important. You will learn that bully butts can be messy when it comes to and when it is runny it is a disaster. As far as crates go I am not help since my boys were thrown into bed with us from day 1 pretty much but @LisaRN has a great idea for a crate and how to use it with a new pup. Oh and for food use a metal or ceramic feeding and water bowl as the plastic can cause pimples. Cant think of anything else off hand but there is a million other things we can add I am sure. Cant wait to see your baby, the pics you posted are beautiful and I too LOVE the markings!

You mentioned another surprise when you get home any clues?
    Thank you for your appreciation and tips! I'm defenitely hoping that he doesn't have too bad a tail, it would just make life easier, that's for sure. I'll definitely have to stock up on pumpkin. Hmmm... I would discuss the secret... but as I've pretty well identified myself with pictures, you all may just have to wait on the off chance she finds her way here as well! lol.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Biggie
    Likes (Received)

Ok, hopefully I'm not going overboard with the pictures, but the breeder sent us some more photo's and I am just freaking out excited!!! She said that this is a fat and big litter so we won't see any eyes opening until the 25th at the earliest. That belly is just screaming out for rubs and rasberries! I haven't been able to see the right side of his face too well in the pictures just yet, but it appears as though he has spots on both sides of his face that look like they'll at least partially cover the eyes. I'm no expert, so I can't tell if he's going to have a low maintenance tail or not yet. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears as though, with a belly and a Poonum like that, he will be excellent at hanging out in the Man cave with me... lol.

To be honest, the cutest picture she sent today was the picture of our new little guy snoozing with all of his litter mates, but not sure that posting that one would be cool as everyone else's pups are in it as well.

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Im not sure there is such a thing as 'going overboard w/ pix' with this group. They sure are tiny, innocent little things now.... boy is THAT gonna change... LOL

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Yes no such thing as overboard, seriously! And so long as there is no info on where the pups are from showing the litter mates shouldnt be a problem. Post away!!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Biggie
    Likes (Received)

Im not sure there is such a thing as 'going overboard w/ pix' with this group. They sure are tiny, innocent little things now.... boy is THAT gonna change... LOL
    Hahaha, I can only imagine! lol. It should certainly be all sorts of fun! lol

Quote Originally Posted by cali~jenn View Post
    Yes no such thing as overboard, seriously! And so long as there is no info on where the pups are from showing the litter mates shouldnt be a problem. Post away!!!
    Alright, well, you asked for it!!! Prepare yourself for the uber cuteness overload! Our little guy is the one obnoxiously sprawled out in the middle... that spells sleeping trouble at the foot of my bed... lol.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Moses
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

With all these Bully addicts here begging for pics, there is no such thing as "too many" I like that your Breeder is taking the time to get these updates to you, that's awesome. I also love the pic oh him snoozing with his litter mates... too cute, love the belly

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads