He is great looking!!
    Grats on the new addition.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gertie & Ida
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: New Guy currently in Afghanistan

Welcome! And thank you for your service to our wonderful country! Your new Bully baby is just precious! I bet you can't wait to get home, for so many reasons, but the new puppy is just that much more to look forward to. I was new to this breed and this site back in July. You have found the absolute BEST Bully site there is. I joined right after I brought Gertie home, and thank goodness I did! I have learned soooo much here! I've had a number of other breeds in my 55 years, and there's nothing like a Bully. They are stubborn, but so sweet and personable, you just can't ever stay mad at them! I think the most important thing to do with a new puppy is get him on some good quality food. Bullies tend toward allergies and skin issues, so I find I am feeding my girls far differently than I've fed any other dogs I've ever had. I add things like salmon oil, plain yogart, and canned pumpkin to their meals, they eat lots of fruits and veggies. So far it's paying off. My two girls are 8 months old and they are both allergy free and very healthy, happy Bullies. I feed Nature's Variety Prairie. They like it and it's readily available in my area. There are a lot of members who feed grain-free, but so far my girls haven't had any issues with grains so I haven't had to go that direction. Can't wait to see future pics of you and your new Bully! So glad you found our group!

There is nothing nicer than two sweet Bully girls, unless it's THREE sweet Bully girls!!
    Julie, Gertie, Ida & Clementine in Az.

Lucy-licious

Hello and welcome, ur little fella is a lovely litle sausage bless him,
    Bet ur itchin to get home n give him a hug
    Lookin forward to hearin al about him and watchin him grow up xx

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lacey
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Silva and Stella
    Likes (Received)

Hi and Welcome to the site! Your bully is so cute. Congrats! When do you get your bully?
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Anonymous

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Welcome to EBN! Bulldogs are definitely a breed you need to research so glad to see you are doing that! I can't say it enough, thank you very much for your service. I have a friend that just came back from Afganistan and I know how hard it was on him, his wife and family. Your sacrifices for this country are greatly appreciated!

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Bulldog(s) Names
    Biggie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lacey28 View Post
    Hi and Welcome to the site! Your bully is so cute. Congrats! When do you get your bully?
    He was born on the 13th, so given about an 8 week timeframe I'm guesstimating around the 10th or so of March. The timing will actually be perfect, I'll have been home and able to get settled for a couple of weeks, finish up my two weeks R&R, get the house puppy proofed and then take about a month or so of leave and pick up the puppy!

Again, thank you all for the warm welcome and the suggestions!!! It's always great to be reminded of the great people back home while over here! I have another little surprise for the Lovely Lady at home as well that's a pretty big deal, so that will be amazing as well. It's defenitely going to be one heck of a homecoming after this deployment!

We're currently putting together a little list of the things we'll need for when the little guy gets home. My Lady has already picked up some baby gates and we're going to find out what food the breeder will have him on so we can decide if we want to slowly switch it or not. Next on the list are all the other necessities; crate, collar, lead, tags, toys, snacks... so on... It's really been a great thing for us to focus on and be excited about that has really helped this deployment go by pretty quickly, at least a lot more quickly than the last few!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullet {booboo}
    Likes (Received)

welcome to EBN and Congrats on your new bully! he has great markings and i love the name Ninja...so fun! thank you for serving in the military! i have two bro-inlaws currently in. one just returned for a short R&R and the other is due home for good in another week (both in Afghanistan).

word of advice: bullies are like vacuums so you will need to constantly make sure your floors are free and clear of debri and small objects. ugh, my boy, Bullet, is constantly searching for that next nerf piece or any crumb that is dropped on our floors. lol he's soooo quick too. lol
    Amy

Bulldog(s) Names
    Biggie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Momma2Bullet View Post
    word of advice: bullies are like vacuums so you will need to constantly make sure your floors are free and clear of debri and small objects. ugh, my boy, Bullet, is constantly searching for that next nerf piece or any crumb that is dropped on our floors. lol he's soooo quick too. lol
    Hahaha, thank you very much, I will defenitely keep that in mind. The current little rascal in the house is horrible with that. Basically, if it's left out on the floor or within flying distance, kiss it goodbye. lol. Between Pancho and the soon to be home Puppy, our house should be near spotless... lol. Here's some pictures of the current feathered kid... lol.

Real Name
    Mike Blaylock
    Bulldog(s) Names
    SgtMjr. Duketavius (Duke) Bruiser USMC Ret.
    Likes (Received)

Being a retired vet, I just want to say thanks from the bottom of my heart for your dedication and your families dedication. Glad to meet you and welcome home.

Real Name
    Mike Blaylock
    Bulldog(s) Names
    SgtMjr. Duketavius (Duke) Bruiser USMC Ret.
    Likes (Received)

There you go.......he looks like sausage links.........sooooooooo, you can call him ..........
    Links
    Brautwurst
    Sausage
    or something along that line.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Biggie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Blaylock View Post
    Being a retired vet, I just want to say thanks from the bottom of my heart for your dedication and your families dedication. Glad to meet you and welcome home.
    And thanks for yours! Hmmm, Blaylock, you wouldn't happen to be on a cigar forum would you? A Cigar forum I type in has a pretty cool guy by that name on their.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Blaylock View Post
    There you go.......he looks like sausage links.........sooooooooo, you can call him ..........
    Links
    Brautwurst
    Sausage
    or something along that line.
    Hahaha, I like Links! Almost makes me think Zelda. Here's the list that we've come up with so far. The ones with the * are my personal faves!

Biggie
    Auto
    Cheeto
    Blue
    Hooch
    Samson (Sammy)
    Ninja *
    Zilla *
    Jaba
    Chewbacca
    Smudge
    Pudge
    Yogi *
    Buddha *
    Hoagie
    Magoo
    Stogie *

Doggie Boutique Owner Angelgirl's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
    Likes (Received)

LOL! Love all the names and thanks so much for posting baby pics! Our little one is 11 weeks old now and it was a rough few weeks...Belly is a biter..I swear she is using us to sharpen her little needle teeth. Her breeder had her on Eukanuba puppy but since being on here I've switched her to Fromm's Gold puppy food and she seems to digest it better. This site has Fromm's a a ton of other puppy toys and treats and you can get auto shipped to your house petflow.com Everyone here also likes Carolina Pet Pantry Home Page I literally looked for hours at both sites and all the goodies! My baby eats better than hubby and I. Like @Gertie's Mom Belly gets her food, canned pumpkin,cottage cheese or yogurt and I put some frozen blueberries on top. When she comes inside and has gone potty she gets some frozen green beans. I think the frozen treats help with her teething a little.

Bless you on your service to our country and can't wait to see pics of you and your lady with the new baby!
    Last edited by bullmama; 01-24-2011 at 11:21 AM.
    "A bulldog is like a potato chip, you can never have just one"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads