One of the Oldest Living English Bulldogs, our boy Guhrka, age 16, record breaker?

guhrka

Nov 3, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Guhrka age 16 and Tilly age 4
Hello from Southern California;

I was wondering if anyone knows of a group or a record keeping site for the oldest Registered English Bulldogs? We are fortunate enough to be temporarily caring for two wonderful sweethearts, both have been Marine Corp Mascots, and they are owned by a Colonel in the USMC. The senior of the two, Guhrka is now 16 years old, in his 17th year, his birthday was in August 2014. All of his records are verified. The younger is Matilda called "Tilly" and she is 4 years old. They are the sweetest, smartest, kind, patient, calm dogs I have ever known. Guhrka still gets outside to do his business, takes long naps, even though he is pretty blind and deaf. They are both fed Science Diet.

I just thought we could get it recorded, since my research shows very little on the internet for our breed. You have a wonderful forum, thank you.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
On Facebook "The oldest bulldogs around the world" is the site I know of. Thats so fantastic to hear you have a 16 year old, thats amazing!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=13130]guhrka[/MENTION], wow, 16 yrs old! That's fantastic ! Welcome to you, Tilly and Guhrka, from one Southern Californian to another!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
AMAZING! Would love to see pictures of these babies.

i tagged some members that are involved in breeding and/or showing and they may have some insight

boxorox

Jul 2, 2014
Wisconsin
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
I would not have thought it possible. That's old for most dog breeds and nobody here would expect that longevity from a bulldog. It's awesome really. I would love to see a picture of Guhrka.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Amazing to hear about Guhrka! Would love to see pictures!

msericathatcher

Apr 18, 2014
Norfolk, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
image.jpgWelcome! Holy sixteen! That's amazing!!

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
On Facebook "The oldest bulldogs around the world" is the site I know of. Thats so fantastic to hear you have a 16 year old, thats amazing!

They even have an 18 year old! And i talked to the owner she was a rescue- caged for the first 10 years of her life.

We need pictures of Guhrka! more power to you boy and may you have many many more years with your family! Hope mine would age that gracefully too.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! WOW Congrats on having a bully that is 16, that is amazing… we would LOVE to see pics, we just LOVE our senior babies!!!

rlggduy

Nov 22, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harley
As long as Guhrka has a good quality of life and is loved, this is great! My bully is going on 12 and just went deaf. He is fairly active and still has a good quality of life! Good luck!

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
WONDERFUL NEWS 16YEARS OLD, I PRAY MY ELMO BOY LIVES A LONG TIME. ALSO HARLEY IS GREAT NEWS BEING 12. THIS IS WONDERFUL NEWS.

Memphis Mama

Mar 28, 2015
Columbus, OH
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Memphis
We too have a bully, Memphis, that will be 12 in July. He is going deaf and has poor eyesight but still fairly healthy otherwise. We fed him Iams for years and switched him to Royal Canin HP about a year ago because of IBD. We were happy to find this site and see that healthy bullies can far surpass their average life expectancy. :-)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.